Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime error 481, invalid picture

Started by jacktucky, July 08, 2007, 05:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacktucky

If I use the search function to navigate to the album with the error, no problem.

If I use the slider to get to various artists and double click the album, error.

=J

Barcrest

Ah... I might know what it is. Are you using the folder.jpg from media player? If so that file is hidden and freebox doesn't like it. Even if you are not using that folder.jpg can you check the file isn't hidden.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

I never use media player, and I checked it's not hidden..... :-\

=J

jacktucky

Quote from: kizer on July 16, 2007, 05:26:45 PM

I normally use this program to find my covers. Oddly the link is down again, which is really weird.
http://kempele.fi/~skyostil/projects/albumart/albumart-1_6_0.blog/

Let me know if you can host it.  I think that's the one I've used but I can't find the installer.

Thanks

kizer

Here you go. Its not the offical installer, but I took my files and used winzip and then created a self unzip version if you do not have winzip installed.

I personally do not write covers to my mp3 files and I use cover.jpg as my file name. Im hoping it saves because I sent you exactly my settings that do work well and what I use. Feel free to use Anti-Virus on the file, but I know its safe.

Cover.exe
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jacktucky

I'll give it a go. Thanks

*edit* It doesn't run.  Just pops up a command window briefly.

=J

jacktucky

Quote from: kizer on July 17, 2007, 03:31:59 AM
I personally do not write covers to my mp3 files and I use cover.jpg as my file name.

Thanks.  I don't use embedded covers either.  At least that I knew about.  I have removed all of those.

=J

kizer

What OS are you using? I'll try that download on a work machine, but so far I've not had any issues at all with it.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

jacktucky

Xp MCE.  I just double click it and that's it.  I tried to run it from a "dos box", said it couldn't run there.

You can just post a zip...

=J

Barcrest

Don't understand why jack is the only one having issues. It has to be that your jpg's are not really jpg's. I don't know the easiest way of converting them with some osrt of bulk processing if you say IRFANVIEW will not work. Sned me your drive and i will sort out your collection for you ;)

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Quote from: Barcrest on July 17, 2007, 05:53:57 PM
Don't understand why jack is the only one having issues. It has to be that your jpg's are not really jpg's. I don't know the easiest way of converting them with some osrt of bulk processing if you say IRFANVIEW will not work. Sned me your drive and i will sort out your collection for you ;)

I'm going to try and redownload all of them.  If I could find a program to tell me which ones are the bad ones, it would save me some time

=J

Barcrest

How many covers are you looking at in total then? I would have thought doing a search on you music directory for *.jpg then opening each one and resaving it as a jpg would fix the issue. Have you tried that?

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Quote from: Barcrest on July 17, 2007, 11:03:01 PM
How many covers are you looking at in total then? I would have thought doing a search on you music directory for *.jpg then opening each one and resaving it as a jpg would fix the issue. Have you tried that?

I've done that for the ones that I find that are broken and it doesn't fix it.  Only downloading using tag and rename (from amazon.com) fixes it.  It's effing weird.

=J

jacktucky

Care to see if this breaks your install?

=J

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

kizer

Ok, I found the original installer for Album Cover Download

Here you go. Clicky

Remember in the settings where it talks about Targets. Disable everything except Generic and change the album/artist box to cover.jpg.

Personally I would do a test and take a few albums and make sure you have no images in their folders or tags and give that app a try. Ive done over 800 albums and with the exception of a few its found nearly all of them. Of course I have the search in Wal-mart, amazon, Yahoo and Buy.com turned on.

If you click on the folder and nothing seems to copy over into the search box, double click on the album and just click on a track then back up to the folder. For some reason it doesn't always work the first time. Go figure. As well on the two ways to view your albums I normally pick the one on the left.

I would highly advise not picking your entire directory for albums because it could take forever to load them all up and then you have wait each time you start the program up. I personally created folders a-z and all my bands that are well a go in a and so forth. Makes it a bit easier to maintane.

Anyways good luck and I hope it helps.

I suppose I could list every app I use and how I use it in another thread some day just in case anybody gives a toot.  ;D