Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Changing Resolution Freezes Etouch

Started by urbecrisch, March 11, 2010, 02:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I wanted to check out 1024x768 cause right now I'm using 800x600.  When I change the resolution settings to 1024x768 E-touch freezes up on me.  Am I doing something wrong?

leeclark2612

Don't know if i'm right here but my machine has always done that...it's only for a minute or 2 until the skin is loaded, simply because the images used on every page of the skin have to be re-loaded with the images of the skin you are changing to...

You should notice all the buttons along the bottom of the settings screen replace one by one quickly...this is perfectly normal.

A good example would be going to a website where the page has a lot of images, they never appear instantly do they? The need to cache on your machine first to speed things up the second time you visit the site...

Hope this explanation helps...

One other thing that can cause this is if a skin has been added that is in a double folder,

eg, C:\Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox\Skins\BnB 5.8 (1024x786)\BnB 5.8 (1024x786\

This normally happens if a skin is unzipped incorrectly....you can usually tell when this has happened because when you are in the appearance settings page, the selected skin DOESN'T have a preview image on the left of the name...