Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

I finally have a volume control knob setup

Started by namessuck, March 15, 2010, 01:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namessuck

For anyone interested i took a computer usb keyboard that has a volume control knob on top opened it and disconnected the keyboard cable. So all I had left was a usb cable connected to two small circuit boards one of them having the control knob on it.I then bought a small project box from radio shack and mounted it on the juke. works great.

kizer

I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

You could have wired up the escape key to a button as well as an easy way to access the options screen. That way you don't need the options button displayed on screen. You could have also hooked up a button for a song reject as well. Actually using a song reject key it would be like the remove volume controllers used with the sound liesure boxes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

namessuck

I do have pics but to be honest I dont know how to post pics on here yet as i have been obsessed with building the ultimate sound machine which is completed and absolutely is sick and my wife was pissed untill she heard it and then I let her look inside and then she was pissed again. So how do I post pics on here?

Barcrest

To post pics upload them to image shack then post the form links it gives you in here. Would be good to see, why was she pissed when she saw the insides?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

eist1

namessuck

No but that's funny. She saw how much I spent. Running 2 JL audio amps, 2 12" subs, pair of 6x9 and pair of mids.

namessuck

ok here's the cord and volume knob removed

and here is the project box

then I just drill a hole in back for wires to pass through and hole for knob and hot glue the board to the lid of the project box

and this is the pics of it mounted on juke

the bigger board I just hot glued it to the inner wall of the juke and plugged it in to usb