Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My fistfull of boombox juke

Started by namessuck, March 17, 2010, 01:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

namessuck

I didnt take pics step by step of what I did but here is the result. I bought a non working 73 rockola 450 and gutted it. I like it because the top sits perfect for selecting music on touchscreen. It took me a while to figure out what I was going to run sound with.I had a good home amp laying around but just didnt thrill me all that much so I decided to go car audio.
I installed two 12" subs w/box in bottom. Then two JL audio amps one running the two 6x9 and alpine mids and other one running both subs bridged. The second pic is of the underside where a 19" touchscreen and 4 speakers are mounted. The black box is a LED disco light. Here I mounted the two 6x9 speakers in plexy glass next to the screen. The plexy glass was a bitch the only way I could cut a hole in it was using a dremel w/cutting bit slowly then I painted it with red stained glass paint and put decorative metal overlay on it.
and here is the final look. It was hard to get a good pic of the glow with flash. The rockola in the middle is lit up with the color changing LED light. This thing sounds amazing the bass hits so hard the chairs move upstairs.

kizer

When I first saw the 6x9's I thought this is going to suck. Wow, what a look that thing has with all of the colors flowing around like they do. Very impressive.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

fordman

I Like it Alot!  ;D  :beer

I have thought about buying an old jukebox and doing something similar!

Fordman

Barcrest

Looks fantastic dude  :beer

Oh yeah nice Donkey Kong too  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

namessuck

I picked it up for 50$ all it needed was a cap kit. It still had 1979 chucky cheese tokens in it. I installed the D2K chipset in it and they are fun but the new levels are hard.

modessitt

I recently got this same jukebox for a similar project.  Noticed some of the pics are no longer showing.  I wouldn't mind seeing some good pics of how you mounted the touchscreen in there, or what exactly you used for the red and grills on the sides of the monitor.  And any pics of anything you did inside with speakers, PC, amps, etc...