Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

FLAC problems

Started by johnbuzzz, March 28, 2010, 11:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnbuzzz

I have a problem with Flac files on my windows 7 machine.

The files play fine with media player, winamp etc. The problem that I am having is that the file will play for about a second in E-touch and then stop. 

I've tried pretty much everything.  Uninstalled K-Lite, reinstalled K-lite.  I run everything in the annoying "administrative mode".

Like I said, the files play fine out in the wild but when I try to play them in E-touch, they just play for a second and then it's like I never selected them to be played.

Anybody else run into this or know what my machine is up to?   :tommy

leeclark2612

My machine does this with the .wpl and .asx files for the internet radio part of the software...i can't figure it out either...

johnbuzzz

On my laptop, the flac files play but I get an error pop-up:

Error occured: 75
Description: Path/File access error
Module: Form2
Function:form_image

Once I click the <OK> box, the flac stops playing and the juke goes back to the home page like nothing was selected... ???

johnbuzzz

I have the music files on an external hard drive.  This shouldn't matter though, correct? ???

Barcrest

Quote from: johnbuzzz on March 29, 2010, 03:31:41 PM
I have the music files on an external hard drive.  This shouldn't matter though, correct? ???

It is trying to write the forum image, are you running XP? If not you will need to run it with admin rights. The crash is caused writting out the forum image you see in my signature on here.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

johnbuzzz

After re-config the audio, the laptop is doing the same thing as the desktop.  Plays the flac for a sec, then stops... :downer

johnbuzzz

I am running Windows 7. 

Barcrest

Are you running it as admin?

Jukebox Stats...

johnbuzzz

Your forum image comes up as a red X.  For some reason I cannot see it.

johnbuzzz

Yep, running as admin. 

Barcrest

Are you still seeing the error regarding the forum image? Or does it just play and stop? What happens when you play FLAC in WMP. Does the position slider move? It might be a windows 7 issue as i only use XP.

Jukebox Stats...

johnbuzzz

Not seeing the error anymore regarding the image. 

The FLACs play in WMP but you are correct that the slider does not move. 

Think if I change the media player to XP mode it would fix it?

johnbuzzz

So it has to be related to the media player and the fact that the slider time stays static?

Even if I click on the timeline for the slider, it will advance to that point in the song, but the time stamp stays the same, while the song continues to play...

Guess I'll post for the latest windows 7 flac codec that works correctly.

I know the latest K-Lite doesn't work.

I've tried the windows 7 shark007 codecs and that didn't work.

johnbuzzz

I also just noticed that E-touch does not give me a track length for the FLAC files...so must think they are 0 seconds possibly...

Barcrest

If the sliders not moving then the song position will not update so it is assumed to be stuck and so it skips the song.

Jukebox Stats...