Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature Request

Started by slsimon, March 29, 2010, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsimon

What is the possibility and who would use this view? 

Barry, I have a screen request and am not sure if it would be feasible or not.  I would like to have the option to view the video and audio libraries by artist name, instead of defaulting to an album screen.  Would anyone else use this and or am I in the outfield by myself? 

I am currently using TouchTrax, and am trying to migrate over to E-touch.  There are some very nice features with TT, but development is gone.  With TT, you get an option to browse by artist or browse by album.  I found the option to switch between screens to be of use and think it would work well in E-touch. 

Maybe there is a way to do this already, and I have not figured it out yet.  What is everyones opinion on this? 

Barry, PS:  thanks for helping with the database build error's:

Thanks,

Barcrest

Right now the album view is ordered by artist, what is this alternative view you want?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Rob_Hendley

This came up not so long ago on the board.  I think what he wants is for the front screen to have artist view - maybe by fan art?  Then you click the artist and are presented with the list of albums with the album art.

I am sure someone else raised it?

Barcrest

So basically defaulting to the filter page showing artists rather than the album view... This could be done with a fair bit of back end work i guess.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Yes i know what is requested now....

Defualt to the filter by artist page.
On that page show the first 4 albums in that CVR file as thumbnails.

Time to code the thumbnails is minor but it will involve a skin change and I also fear for the browsing speed of the filter by artist screen if this is added as each CVR file will need to opened and the thumbnails loaded.

Defaulting to the filter by artist page i think will take a little longer to code because of the way everything is currently set up.

Maybe i can try some of it out tonight and get an alpha out to the testers to see what they think. Maybe i will need to use a sort of COV file for the filter screens or at least have the ability to turn on or off the 4 preview albums. I guess it will be like the genre icons where they can be enabled or not in the skin... Hmm a load of work to already add to the huge pile, i really just don't have the time i would like to impliment all this, but as always i will try.

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Barry,

I was thinking something like this but with two vertical lines to display artist:

http://www.touchtrax.com/gallery1.htm

Thanks,

Rob_Hendley

Hmm most of those options are already on Barry's current front screen?  I can see why someone would like to display artists instead of albums (or have the choice), but not sure about that menu

Barcrest

I have been doing some work to the filter page, i can support the display he want's but setting it to be the default might not be so straight forward... Lots of beta testing to come over the next few months i think and work for the skinners to update to the new items availble.

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Barry,

Just want to make sure that we are looking at the "Browse Artist" screen only with possibly multiple vertical lines of artist selections. 

Also, as a side note:  since you mentioned the possibility of themes to be modified, and this questions is for all:  Why not create a repository of such an MSI installer for the themes in different resolutions for different supported versions of E-touch.  Not sure if that would be possible.  Just an idea.  I am not that far yet in the testing of the application to start adding and modifying the look and feel, but being able to get those themes easily would be nice. 

Thanks,

Barcrest

I know what screen you are refering to. It is basically the same screen we have as the artist filter, I have added support to display the number of albums under each artist although i need to get skin support in for that. It should be easy to add the album thumbnails for the first 4 albums and put in skin support for that too I am just slowly working through things right now. It's not going to be a quick process and will take the liftime supports a while to bug test things and feedback to me.

Hopefully there will be an updated website soon with a few more pages aside from just the forum we have now. I will be creating some skin pages then where we can have the skins more easilly accessible. Right now there isn't a huge selection availble anyway so the forum tends to be ok. If we start getting more people creating skins then it will be something that will need to be looked at more seriously.

Jukebox Stats...

slsimon

Barry,

Continued feature request. 

1.  Perform search by Library type: (i.e. Audio, Video, Audio & Video)
2.  Visual while listening MP3 (WMP) type visual

P.S.  Things are coming together slowly.  I am working on correctly tagging the Genre as well as applying the appropriate artwork to the year and genre libraries.  Appreciate all your help.   I am still wanting to work on trying to import the current video tag files from Andy's TT application. 

Thanks,

eist1

This is already there:

2.  Visual while listening MP3 (WMP) type visual

Just goto the Now Playing screen and in the top right corner tap the visual box and it will become full screen. Any vis set in WMP will show up there.

slsimon

Continued, feature request. 

Under the filter pages, what does everyone think about a slider?  I am working on populating the genre, artist, and year album art and think that a sliding bar would be really nice to have on those pages for fast searching. 

Barry, hopefully I am not to much of a pain with these requests,  :beer

Thanks,

Cary_B

I agree on the slider under the filters pages.  Page by Page through a loooong list is offputting.

Barcrest

Ok, slider is coming to the filter pages ;)

Jukebox Stats...