Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

lost audio

Started by Woody, July 10, 2007, 09:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

Barry,

I had my juke running great and decided to play arround with karaoke tunes (BIG MISTAKE !).

I did all the library setup, karaoke setup, and ran the config. I had it working for a little while, I was trying some other software as well, next thing I know Freebox won't play. The program starts fine and looks right all album cover and karaoke covers show up, and all navigation works fine. Upon selecting an album the program starts to play the first track then switches to the secound and third and so on as if the songs were played. The karaoke tunes are acting the same way. I decided I could do without KARAOKE and deleted all I had done and removed other karaoke software, Freebox still doesn't work. I uninstalled Freebox and reinstalled and still no sound.

I assume one of the other karaoke programs shit-up my system by removing or replacing a driver or codec or screwed with some .dll files. In my last attempt to repair my system I removed the WMP11, sound drivers, and uninstalled the hardware. I then rebooted system and reloaded the works including
Freebox, still same results. 

All other (3) players work fine, only Freebox is screwed any idea what the hell is wrong?

Thanks for all your help

Woody

coffee

Woody. I may be wrong here but I also had a problem like that a while ago. The mistake I had is that I had mapped some of my keys wrong because I was using keyboard inputs. The problem was that I only uninstalled the program and I didn't delete the remaining files in the Freebox V2 folder and do a fresh install.
My point is that if you only uninstall the software the "freebox.def" file remains in the freebox folder on your machine. This file contain all your settings from your options menu so if your just uninstall and then reinstall your setting will stay the same meaning that if you made a small mistake somewhere it would remain like that.
I hope this would be usefull to you.

Coffee

Barcrest

Another reason why active movie isn't great because it looks like it can get crapped out by other stuff messing with it. I assume you tried the codec pack right?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

http://www.softella.com/dsfm/index.en.htm

That program lets you see what direct show filters you have and it has a button to restore the direct X defaults. I have not tried that button so use it at your own risk. I have just run the software to look at my massive list of filters, but you can't export the list :S Otherwise we could compare.

Jukebox Stats...

Woody

Coffee,

Yea, I reloaded everything, a clean install. I had made that mistake several months ago.

Barry,

Thanks for the prog link, I ran it and can see all codecs, but which one(s) is FreeBox dependent on.     
I tried the load defaults button to no avail.

Thanks for the help anyway,

Woody

EDIT : I got it fixed, I was using XP-Codec-Pack-2.0.8 and never had trouble. I downloaded K-lite Pack and installed it, it detected broken codecs and repaired them. Thanks K-lite ! 

Thanks guys.

Barcrest

Freebox will use any of them depending on the media.

Jukebox Stats...