Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Tags Album Artist Problems / Config Tags

Started by acejas, June 19, 2010, 11:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acejas

Hi Guys

Ive read the various posts on how e-touch looks at tags and reads the "Track Artist" tag. If they are different then its set as a compilation = "1" in config. In the 2 problems below the albums come out as compilations so when I do a search  they dont come under Kylie

My problem is I have set the tags using T&R and it doesnt reflect the changes I have made. In T&R I can see the field "Album Artist" but not "Track Artist" ("Title Artist" in T&R). Anyone point me in the right direction? (I can see "Album Artist" in T&R)

Also on the Fever album there is Fever as the artist displaying in the config, yet I have them tagged correctly as Kylie in the tag .

Cheers
acejas

Barcrest

Title artist needs to match across the album so any Feat. info needs to be moved to the track title. Then the artist will not show as a compilation album. As for the fever album check that the tag matches in the ID3V1 and ID3V2, E-Touch uses the V2 tag.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

Thanks mate

I wanted to post a pic of my setup...found out i cant :( server limitations.
Id read your post on that previously but to no avail.

Ok after a fresh start I solved the problems.
With the Fever album I highlighted in T&R all the tracks and right clicked "Edit Tag in Selected Files" I noticed that the compilation option was blue - meaning there were some of the tracks that must of been labelled as a compilation. Took it out and problem fixed.

The next problem was so simple I feel stupid. The X album had bonus tracks AND a video. I was always looking at it through T&R not through my file manager (in my case Total Commander)

With both cases I removed tags completely, changed filenames, used a different tagger etc etc
Hope this helps someone who might have similar problems :)

Cheers
acejas

mahkeymike

Im having this problem with a few albums.For the life of me i cant find the problem.Checking in T&R and mp3tag everything is in order.One thing i noticed is e-touch config keeps adding album as for example "AC/DC greatest hits vol 1" when there is no folder named that or anywhere in the tag is anything named that.In fact the album name is "AC DC Greatest hits" and the tag maches accordingly.

Sparky23

Mike.......maybe one one the tags for that ac/dc album has a vol.1 hidden somewhere in the tag that's why it's showing up like that. I had an album do that for me and for the life of me I knew I had it tagged right but it ended up having a goofy tag on one of the files and that's what caused it to show up different. I don't use T&R because I just didn't like it I do use Ultra Tag Editor without any problems. You can always try different programs like I did and maybe you can find one that shows something different in your tags.

mahkeymike

Quote from: Sparky23 on June 24, 2010, 07:58:36 PM
Mike.......maybe one one the tags for that ac/dc album has a vol.1 hidden somewhere in the tag that's why it's showing up like that. I had an album do that for me and for the life of me I knew I had it tagged right but it ended up having a goofy tag on one of the files and that's what caused it to show up different. I don't use T&R because I just didn't like it I do use Ultra Tag Editor without any problems. You can always try different programs like I did and maybe you can find one that shows something different in your tags.

Thanks for advice.I dont care for T&R either, I do like mp3tag, but i shall try this ultra tag editor you mentioned.

eist1

Also make sure you don't have a double space in the tag as that will see it differently.

mahkeymike

Ok well there no double spaces in any of the tags. I still cant find this "/" in "AC/DC" that e-touch config keeps naming.

I also removed all but one song in the album folder just to see what happens , and it still comes up "various artist"

Barcrest

Look at the album list in the config and you will see the album path for the album that is showing up incorrectly. It is just a case of re-tagging that album and you are good to go. It could be that your ID3V1 tag isn't the same as the ID3V2
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...