Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

3.0.00 Alpha 6 Released with songfacts can't get it to work

Started by casper, July 18, 2007, 09:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casper

Hi to all this is my first post.....I have just installed (3.0.00 Alpha 6 Released with songfacts) it appears to install fine but when i go to start the programme it comes up with this message   (component 'mscal.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid) any idea what is causing this?  I have tried several times to uninstall and reload also re-downloaded the software but still no joy.I can run the free version fine...Thanks for any reply in advance....ANDY

kizer

Give this link a try. I got the same problem too when I first installed it, but used the Office2000 verison
http://www.fontstuff.com/mailbag/qvba01.htm
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

casper

Thanks for the reply KIZER tried what you said and it manages to start the programme but no album art is displayed for any albums and when i click on a song any song the prog shuts down (no error message) also when i go to config and try and generate library i get the error message (run-time error '35600': index out of bounds) again i have uninstalled a nd re-installed the prog. this is the same library i used in the free version and all loaded and worked fine...cheers ANDY

Barcrest

You need to rebuild your library the free version one is not compatible with the latest version.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Hi ...I did rebuild the library but the prog shuts down when i select to play a song. i uninstalled the programme but it leaves the config on my desktop when i delete this it says deleting shortcut only. how do i totally delete everything so i can do a fresh install. just reloaded library worked with no errors started the prog and still no album covers and shuts down when i select any song and hit play now button. where is the programme storing the files so i can manually delete them . why when i uninstall are so many files not uninstalled the short cut for config shows config 3  the shortcut for the prog shows freebox v2 even after i delete the files in c/programme files and re-install the prog. i have tried running the software from c/ folder start menu and desktop still no joy.......

kizer

Casper,

I just tried this release as well and when I pick a song it starts to play and exits the app. I tried a fresh install so I'm not sure if its the fresh install or if its something else.

I do have the web files installed.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Ok there is a bug with ALPHA 6 regarding the songfacts stuff, if it doesn't find the songfacs file it craps out. I will be releasing a fixed version and also i am almost at a position to offer a limited songfacts database.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Sounds good to me. Kinda expect a problem now and then when your using an Alpha release. ;)

casper

Sounds good to me too. just didn't know if other progs on my computer were causing the problem. Like KIZER says we expect problems now and then ...cheers all