Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Z Songs In Chart Hits Not Selectable

Started by wwwombat, September 08, 2010, 03:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwombat

I've asked this question before in a previous megapost but I have some more information that may point to the code in question to be corrected.

The question was ... "What can't I select Zombie by The Cranberries from the appropriate chart (ARIA Dec 1994 thru Mar 1995) when I can select it from the album screen.

On a hunch I dummied up an as-yet-non-existent September 2010 chart with songs 2 thru 7 replaced with all the Z song titles I have on my hard drive along with the "highest" Y-named song in slot 8.

As suspected NONE of the Z songs allow me to select them from the chart screen (they're "greyed out") whereas the rest (1, 8, 9 and 10) are selectable.

Here's the chart (09.txt) I used if you to want to dummy in the appropriate songs to see for yourself.

"Eminem featuring Rihanna","Love The Way You Lie",up.gif
"John Butler Trio, The","Zebra",down.gif
"Jenny Morris","Zero",new.gif
"David Bowie","Ziggy Stardust",stay.gif
"Cranberries, The","Zombie",stay.gif
"Cherry Poppin' Daddies""Zoot Suit Riot",new.gif
"LCD","Zorba's Dance",stay.gif
"Gwen Stefani featuring Pharrell","Yummy",down.gif
"Drake","Find Your Love",down.gif
"Jason Derulo","Ridin' Solo",stay.gif

Barcrest

That is a little worrying, i will take a look at this for you later and see if i can recreate it and as such fix it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

wwwombat

My test list of the 6 Z song titles (as listed in the first post) to be selectable from the CHARTS function now works...

EXCEPT....

for the very last one - LCD (Zorba's Dance) - which is still the highest song title alphabetically, so I suggest whatever loop you have governing this is still one short (or you need a <= to instead of a <)

Barcrest

It is done by CHR to search from the right place. I need to alter the code to make it search from the begining if the song starts with a non standard character A-Z. I will look at this for.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...