Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

1080P Widescreen Skin

Started by Cary_B, October 21, 2010, 10:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cary_B

Ok, I know most people won't need this, but how about a 1080P Widescreen skin.  Full 1920 x 1080. 

A while back, I got one of these:  Acer T230H bmidh 23-Inch Wide Touch Screen Display - Black.  You can now find them on Amazon for about $350 or less.  I quit using it on my Jukebox since it only had Win 7 Drivers for it, and Acer said it wouldn't work with WinXP. 

Well, I just found out that the HP L2105tm monitor has the same touchscreen and HP does provide support for this model for Win XP and even for Win 2k. Go to HP and get the drivers for the L2105tm monitor. Those work for the Acer as well.

Guess what, IT WORKS!  23" Touchscreen, full 1080P resolution, for less than a used 15" or 17" monitor. 

If I could make a skin, I would, but when word gets out that you can use this, I hope others get one and chime in.  It Looks great...

Barcrest

use the wiseskin eist posted it looks ok i tried it unless your screen won't do that res. it worked on my 42" tv.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Thanks, that works, just a lot of empty screen on the right hand side.  But the picture is great.  And the touchscreen works really good at this resolution.  Did have a problem loading the skins for the first time or two.  Kept getting an error.  But it still worked.  Not sure if this will happen every time I start the program, but will play with it a bit and see.