Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config not getting all the albums

Started by cyko, August 09, 2007, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyko

I have over 1000 albums and for some reason 6 out of the past 40 or so i've added are not being reconized by the config.  I know that the tags are 100% correct and ive tried runing config several times and have attempted to retag the files and its still not listing in the library.  I have used the edit file button on the config program and added the artist and album name, they do show up in the freebox program but in the first page and not in alphabical order. 

Thanks

PS i know my spelling sux

Barcrest

So config picks them up but doesn't read the tags?

What are you tagging them with?

Do they have embedded artwork?

Are they VBR files?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

cyko

Barcrest

Do they have embedded artwork?

Are they VBR files?

Jukebox Stats...

cyko

Problem Fixed......... Two of the files names had a capital letter, and the other four had a double space in the name

Not sure about the embedded Art or VBR...

Barcrest

Quote from: cyko on August 09, 2007, 07:10:06 PM
Problem Fixed......... Two of the files names had a capital letter, and the other four had a double space in the name

Not sure about the embedded Art or VBR...

Hmm so they were showing up as various then, you never really answered any of my questions but at least you are good to go.

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

I seem to be having the same problem, however I am missing quite a lot of albums, I use Tag & rename, I checked a lot of the albums and they do not have embedded art and are all differing bit rates (not VBR) from 96-192.

When I select generate library on my whole music directory the config program shows them in the id3v2 window as it cycles through each album but they dont appear in the loaded albums once the config is finished.  I have tried removing the album art from the folder and rerunning config but they still dont appear. I have retagged with no luck either.

Interestingly I had an old install which was still using config2 and this picked up the missing albums - im actually missing about 300 albums according to the total from config2 compared to config3.

My first post by the way, have been around quite a while, back when the previous forum was around, but never posted.  So here we are...

Barcrest

So it looks like i need to re-write the config yet again.... :(

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

So I take it its not a problem with my tags or files then?  I can stop trying to rack my brain over each of em?

Barcrest

Well i'm not sure, but i think the config may be screwy...

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

Bit of a light just dawned on me -

My directory structure is in this format

genre/artist/album1
                /album2/song1.mp3
                          /song2.mp3
                          /cover.jpg
                song1.mp3
                song2.mp3
                cover.jpg

ie. within each artist i have each album in its seperate folder, in some and Im not sure if this is the case with all the 300 albums that are missing I have what I call 'single tracks' (songs not released on albums ie, acoustic, live, cd single b sides etc)  which I have tagged the album name as 'single tracks' so they appear in their own album on freebox. these songs are not in a seperate album folder, just in the artist root dir.  I'm just wondering if this may be the cause of the problem.

I only just realised that the albums missing all seem to come from folders with single tracks in them, but as I am at work I cant confirm if this is the rule for all of them.  Will have a look at home tonight.

Barcrest

Excellent, if you can report back that would be a great help.

Jukebox Stats...

Nemesis

Hello

At first: Much thanks for this programm it is very well I like it, great job.

I have the same problem. In my Jukebox all albums are avaible. But when I choose some titles "add to quere" he chossed it and tryed to start but he jumped over it. And get the next song in quere.

At first I thougt it is a problem with the cover pictures i my ID3 Tag's so I get a ID3 Tagger and deleted all cover pictures of the ID3 Tag. After this I started the config and choose the root file of my music and start to create the database. He started to search for the mp3 after a while he say: 1 item found, start to create database. This takes a a very short time. I wonder why he say 1 Item found? There are more than 1000 mp3.

Now I start the Jukebox and tryed to play songs, some of it play some of it not. I looked which played and which not and there it is, when I tryed to play songs which are in folders they have an umlaut or special punctuation mark like: äöü !"§$%&/()=?`
he don't played it. It can also be a coincidence. I tryed it again when i be back home.

Could it be?

my file hirachie is like:

D:\\Musik\Genre\Artist\
                                   Album1\
                                                Song1.mp3
                                                Song2.mp3
                                                Song3.mp3
                                                folder.jpg (cover picture)
                                   Album 2
                                   Album 3

In some Artist folder are only 1 album and in some are more like 4 or 5. And in the Genre Folder are more Artist's folder's.

But I think this is not the problem.

greet Nemesis

Barcrest

Sounds like you might be havaing a problem with VBR files. There is a thred about this somewhere on the forum, apparently freebox has trouble with VBR files i have not tested this to confirm.

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

Finally ,managed to get a spare five minutes to jump on the pc to test my theories, and had immediate success.

Currently if i have any number of albums in the artist folder along with any single tracks in the artist root dir, freebox is only displaying the single tracks album and not album1, album2 etc.  As soon as I created a new folder at the album level and moved the single track files into this new folder, re-ran config3 and voila! album1, album2 and the single tracks album for that artist appear in freebox.

Now its just a case of creating folders and moving the files into em and ill be up and running.

Hope all this helps.