itunes

Started by squirrellydw, February 11, 2007, 02:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrellydw

Any news on the itunes and .m4a and m4p working yet?  Hate to keep asking you
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

No news i have not looked at it. I have been too busy setting up the forums then i had to implement a feature NETCAT had paid me for. Hopefully now i can move on and look at the ITUNES Support for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

thanks, don't mean to rush you and my offer still stands.  Probably even more if you can get it to do everything I want.
Coffee is the man now

kizer

squirrellydw

I know Im sounding nosey, but what exactly are you trying to do? Get Itunes to work with Freebox or something else? Or support mp4?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

squirrellydw

Quote from: kizer on February 11, 2007, 06:20:46 PM
squirrellydw

I know Im sounding nosey, but what exactly are you trying to do? Get Itunes to work with Freebox or something else? Or support mp4?

not nosey, I have all my music in iTunes and most of it is in aac (.m4a and .m4p) the .m4p is the protected stuff I bought from iTunes.  I have some in .mp3 but not much.  I want freebox to be able to play and read these files so I don't have to convert 5000 songs.  If it can play both the .m4a and .m4p files and read the tag info including the album art there will be a very nice donation coming his way, more than I told him I would give.  I know it's possible just don't know how easy.
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

I have just drafted in my old programming mate to look at the tag reading on this... I am chatting with him on msn now.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

cool, and if it requires iTunes to run in the background that is fine also.
Coffee is the man now

eist1

Yes, it would be nice to have an option for Freebox to read the album art from the ID3 Tag, as I have the art included in my ID3 Tags. I do this since I have my IPod in hard drive mode, and can read it as an external hard drive (I use a third party app Anapod to transfer files to my IPod). Currently Freebox can scan the Ipod for all mp3 files, and does put it in the correct album library, but it can't get the album art, since the art is not included in the same folder as the tracks. But if it could read the ID3 Tag album art, this should work. Just an idea Thanks