Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

cdg files wont play, help needed.

Started by Shaggydo, January 07, 2011, 04:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

Well, i had this problem before on windows xp, the solution was eazy, uninstall wmp11,uninstall the karaoke plugin, install wmp11 and the plugin back again and everything was back to normal, but now im using windows 7 and have no way to get rid of wmp11 som im stuck with error C00D1199 and can not play the cdg files, so i was wondering if someone knows a trick to fix this, any help thanks.

dboyes

Do the Karaoke files play if you launch the CDG from the File Explorer? There is also a BETA version of the plugin on the web, if you google for it.
I would also try to install the K-LITE codec pack, just to see if the problem isnt showing up correctly

Shaggydo

Quote from: dboyes on January 07, 2011, 03:10:37 PM
Do the Karaoke files play if you launch the CDG from the File Explorer? There is also a BETA version of the plugin on the web, if you google for it.
I would also try to install the K-LITE codec pack, just to see if the problem isnt showing up correctly
non of that works, looks totally **** up, windows 7 wont play cdgs at all....

Shaggydo

i think that freebox should have better support for this kind of problems, as it uses wmp to play the music videos and karaokes, if media player has a problem then freebox has a problem too, i wonder if i can use another player instead of wmp, as wmp its so buggy on cdg files, i have tried a register fix, and did not work, and because im stuck with wmp12 on windows 7, theres nothing i can find to fix my problem....shit.

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on January 08, 2011, 02:34:28 AM
i think that freebox should have better support for this kind of problems, as it uses wmp to play the music videos and karaokes, if media player has a problem then freebox has a problem too, i wonder if i can use another player instead of wmp, as wmp its so buggy on cdg files, i have tried a register fix, and did not work, and because im stuck with wmp12 on windows 7, theres nothing i can find to fix my problem....shit.

Woah! Calm down buddy.

Open up the freebox.ini and set the engine to be 0. It will use the old active movie engine then rather than media player, maybe that will fix your problem.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

Quote from: Barcrest on January 08, 2011, 03:19:18 PM
Quote from: abispac on January 08, 2011, 02:34:28 AM

Woah! Calm down buddy.

Open up the freebox.ini and set the engine to be 0. It will use the old active movie engine then rather than media player, maybe that will fix your problem.
sorry if i sound it mad or rude, i did not meant to do that, in fact im not that desperate, its just that some how , on my non jukebox dedicated pcs, theres somenthing i do that makes wmp11 or 12 stop playing cdg files, on xp the fix its eazy but not on windows 7, thats why i proposed that etouch uses another way to play the files rather the wmp.You have done a great job on etouch barcrest, and for the price i can never  be so thankfull with you, i did not meant to sound rude so my apologise to you or anyone in the forum,ill try your suggestion and see if it works. thanks.

Hitbig

I have the same issues w7/wmp12 not playing karaoke.

Changing ENGINE to 0 worked for me.

Thanks Barry.

Shaggydo

it works to play the files but everytime i choose a song i get a mesage saying not in random , any ideas why, i do not have random play anable....thanks

Shaggydo

its been days without a real solution, and i wonder if we can use winamp instead of wmp? for the cdg visuals? thanks for any help

Barcrest

Quote from: abispac on January 13, 2011, 09:51:05 PM
its been days without a real solution, and i wonder if we can use winamp instead of wmp? for the cdg visuals? thanks for any help

It is because you are using V5, you could use V6 with the engine set to 0 so there has been a solution. V5 has not been supported for a long while now.

Jukebox Stats...

Shaggydo

i see, well then ill have to wait to save the 25 bucks to solve my problem. thanks

Barcrest

25th of August was when V6 came out so it's been over 6 months now. You would have been ok if i hadn't left that RANDOM debug messgae in sorry.

Jukebox Stats...

Hitbig

Here's something that I will try out (from Eist)

Quote from: eist1 on February 12, 2010, 05:29:12 AM
Ok, after a bunch of trial and error with Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12 I have finally got everything to work (the same as WMP 11 on XP) I downgraded WMP 12 to WMP 11 with the following downgrade script Windows7WMPDowngrader_1.1.exe http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Downloads/Windows7WMPDowngrader_1.1.exe Also I downloaded a newer version of Karaoke for DirectX which now allows videos for the karaoke screen background karaoke-3.0-beta3 http://www.iamkizer.net/freeboxjukebox/files/skins/V4skins/Downloads/karaoke-3.0-beta3.zip (Barry may want to include this updated karaoke zip in future versions of E-Touch.)

Here are the steps I took to downgrade from WMP 12 to WMP 11 on Windows 7:

1. Uninstall Karaoke for Direct X if you already have it installed (also go into Program Files and delete the folder if it is still there)
2. Do a regedit and seach the registry for .cdg and delete any entries it finds for .cdg
3. Run the Windows7WMPDowngrader_1.1.exe and let it do its install. After it's done reboot.
4. After rebooting install karaoke-3.0-beta3 and reboot again
5. After rebooting go into your Karaoke song folder and right click a .cdg file and choose Open With and then choose Windows Media Player and make sure the "Always use the selected program to open this type of file" box is checked
6. The .cdg should now open in WMP 11 and start playing (at least it did for me after doing this a few times)

Hope this helps some of you out

The only issue I am now having in E-Touch for any WMP 11 PC (XP and Windows 7) is that when first opening E-Touch if you choose a Karaoke song the ID3 Tag info does not show up when playing and when going into the Now Playing screen and hitting the lyrics box, it's jumps you back to the main album page. But if you hit the skip ahead arrow and play another Karaoke song, the ID3 Tag info shows up fine and you can go into the Now Playing screen and tap the lyrics box and it goes to full screen. I have recreated this on my Windows XP WMP 11 jukebox, and my Windows 7 WMP 11 PC with exactly the same issue. So it isn't specific to an operating system, just WMP 11. Maybe Barry could take a look at it and see if he can get the same thing happening with WMP 11 as I have. I know it worked the first time I tried it (after installing) but after the second try it starts occuring (only after first E-Touch boot up). Also, if Barry could get the Auto Full screen to work just on Karaoke/Video and not Audio that would be even better.

BTW, here's a screenshot using an image as a background for karaoke in E-Touch (go into the Karaoke for DirectX settings in the start menu and choose an image under the CD+G settings tab, I'm sure a video would even look cooler)

Here's something from Eist long ago

Shaggydo

ill try that and post results.... thanks

Hitbig