Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Video Playback Issues

Started by ajs1544, February 14, 2011, 05:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajs1544

Hi

Will try and explain this the best I can, I have been having issues with all different kinds of video files i.e. variety mpg, mp4,avi,ts,mkv it varies all the time.

It is not a codec issue as I can play all the files when queued in WMP12 without any issue at all....and have there for come to the conclusion it must be a Etouch jukebox issue.

I can have say 20-30 files queued in the playlist and if it comes across a video file it doesnt like it just skips to the next one then the next one and so forth....my question is ...is there a setting in Etouch which if the file doesnt play  in a certain amount of time it just skips to the next..??..if so can this be adjusted..?

I am running 6502 although this has been happening for some time now and only now have i been able to say that i honestly think its done to the Etouch software as Ive tried different codecs etc etc and always the same response...WMP12 will play all files but Etouch will not..!

I understand that Etouch only uses WMP12 to play files but you must agree with me this issue seems very pecuilar...and frustrating as I have over 7500 video files and love the jukebox software but have had to use WMP12 only for the last few months and thought ID ask for some assistance with this matter, Im sure ive brought it up before and got told it is more than likely codec isues but am sure that it isnt now.

Hope you can understand the above ...and thank you in advance for any assistance

bzpilot

What operating system are you using?

Try this - open up the freebox.ini and set the engine to be 0. It will then use the old active movie engine rather than windows media player, maybe that will fix your problems.

ajs1544

Im using Windows 7 32 bit and there is no freebox.ini in the etouch folder...??

bzpilot

A few people have had issues with Windows 7 and Video/Karaoke playback.  Switching the engine I know worked for at least one of them.  I believe it is a Windows 7 issue, if you were using XP I'm sure you wouldn't be having it.

Freebox.ini probably set to hidden.  In Windows Explorer go to Tools - Folder Options - View - and select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.  They you'll see it and be able to change it.

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

Windows explorer is set to show hidden files already and no freebox.ini is showing which is very strange..!

Barcrest

Quote from: ajs1544 on February 16, 2011, 11:00:39 AM
Windows explorer is set to show hidden files already and no freebox.ini is showing which is very strange..!

In windows 7 it saves it somewhere else. It creates some sort of virtual store or something.

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

Yes found the ini file now(have to change setting to show systemfiles as well as hidden) and have tried changing to engine 0 instead of 1 but only leads to more problems as some files play now with sound but no picture at all

Seems like there is certainly an issue between Etouch and Wmp communicating together somewhere along the line as WMP can defintely play all the files perfectly well itself....real shame as seems the only way to go is a step back and install XP again to see if that will solve the problem

Unless there any other suggestions..?

Barcrest

It will skip to the next song if it doesn't start up to prevent the hanging issue that people were having. I could probably make the amount of time it will wait before skipping selectable.

Jukebox Stats...

ajs1544

Yes that would be fabulous If you could do that Barry...as Im sure that would fix the issue..!

And of course be much appreciated..!

Barcrest

I will see if i can do something for tonights release.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Hmmm looking at it you might want to try increasing the time to wait between songs on the random play screen. If that doesn't work I will have to look at doing a specific beta for you.

Jukebox Stats...