Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

IR remote control of Freebox

Started by justtaint, August 22, 2007, 04:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

You can if it sends key presses. There are key presses for volume up and down and a host of other features.

Pesonally i would like a remote to:
Skip track
Pause/Restart Track
Volume Up/Down

I consider these admin type functions that would be nice to do remotely.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Exactly. That way I can insure when there is a party I don't have some idiot playing stuff well at the time nobody wants to hear.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

justtaint

It emulates key presses, so all that should be easy.

justtaint

Isn't that just the luck?  The hard drive I was using for the OS of my jukebox just died.  Fortunately none of my music or videos were on that HD.  I'll have it back up and running as soon as I can find a replacement.  I'll continue to find out what I can control via IR asap.

kizer

The exact reason I have 3 drives in my machine.

1. OS
2. MP3's
3. Back up of MP3's mirrored daily using some software.

Why 3? Well my MP3's have nothing to do with my OS so I can move them into another machine anytime and just build the database and Im up and running.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

justtaint

I'm finally back up and running.  I spent most of last night (Halloween) trying to remember what kind of touchscreen I had (3M) and where the drivers were located.  I ran into that damned MSCAL.OCX error again, I think its related to the fact I'm using Windows XP MCE.  Hopefully this weekend I can get the IR working again as well.  Thank god I wrote my steps down in this thread.

I have two Logitech Harmony remotes and 6 keypads (for IR repeating), so I should be able to control the jukebox from just about anywhere in the house (or garage).  Next step is outputting the video as well, but that's a ways away for me.

Barcrest

Yes you can map keys for pretty much anything. Nice work dude...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...