Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

varoius artist

Started by yarcrazy, August 23, 2007, 10:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarcrazy

how do i fix the tags so when i generate library the artist don't come up as various artist? my files are in m4a format ripped using itunes. i have tried converting some files to mp3 but i still get the same problem.

Barcrest

Compilation albums will be displayed as Various Artist. If they are not compilation albums then the atrist tag must match exactly for each track on the album.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

yarcrazy

i have checked the artist information 10 times or more and it keeps telling me various artist. it did recognize the artist once and the when i added another album it went back to various.

Barcrest

Ok so the 3 albums you have got, have you check the artis name matches exactly in the ones showing as various. I know this all sounds like a lot of work trust me i know i have tagged 1000's of albums over the past year but in the end it is worth it.

I use tag&rename and just cut and past the artist to each track so i know it's the same. If a track is something like Dr Dre Feat. Eminem i move the .Feat part to the end of thre track title so the artist name matches.

What are you using to tag them, maybe you can post a screen shot showing all the artist tags of each track on an album showing as various.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Jukebox Stats...

yarcrazy

everything was tagged with itunes. i have been playing with tag&rename but i am not quite sure if i am understanding how to use the program.

yarcrazy

screen shot 2

Barcrest

Can you put one of those albums somewhere that i can get access to? I should be able to see what is happening. Either way i am sure it's a tagging issue.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Try this config

Jukebox Stats...

yarcrazy

same errors using this various artist

yarcrazy

i meant to say they are still coming up as various artist

yarcrazy

i just sent you an email with information allowing you to access the files.

Barcrest

Getting a test album whilst i am in bed, will fix tomorrow once i have it. Thanks.

Jukebox Stats...

yarcrazy

Woody

Yarcrazy,

When I first started using this program I thought it was a pain in the ass fixing my sloppy tags but it was wort it. I always checked the various artist and found that there were many entries due to spelling errors or extra spaces and (and vs &) grammer mistakes. The config program is not forgiving.

Woody   

yarcrazy

i finally got it. thank you everyone for your help.