Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Touch Trick Touch™ Drivers

Started by Barcrest, April 01, 2011, 08:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Trick Touch™

WHAT:
A touchscreen is an electronic visual display that can detect the presence and location of a touch within the display area. The term generally refers to touching the display of the device with a finger or hand. Touchscreens can also sense other passive objects, such as a stylus. Touchscreen is common in devices such as all-in-one computers, tablet computers, and smartphones.

HOW:
Now using the technology used to recognise lightguns we have managed to modify existing touchscreen drivers with app that monitors the screen pixel resistance. Screen pixel what? If you press on your touchscreen you will see some slight distortion, this is the graphics card reducing the amount of information to that area under pressur to prevent dead pixels. Hooking into the NVIDA drivers we have been able to pass this information to the 3M Microtouch controllers via an app that monitors this and emulates a 3M Microtouch controller.

WHEN:
This is now going to be coupled with all future releases and allows you to use a regular LCD screen (You may need to remove the glass protector) as a touch screen. I will post up a you tube video demonstrating this later today.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Wow..... It's this an April Fools Joke?
You know it is 1 April today.                        :chad

leeclark2612

certainly sounds like it...that boy is good if it is! He got me...

pwood999

defintely Lirpa Loof but good one !!

Pete

Digital Sounds Ltd

Ummm....
The name "Trick" is a bit of a give away me thinks

I am sure that Barry would have mentioned something about this before today as an idea, but you never know.

The distortion you get is caused by the crystals in the screen being pushed together.  No plugin will ever stop that.

Nice one Barry, Happy April Fools!

coffee

C'mon Barry, you're  killing us here.

Is this an April fools joke?    LOL      ;D

Orc

Risim

It can't be true!! ;D  Has to be a trick! :beer

LeapinLew

Awww you sneaky dog. You got me too.  :beer

d78

Turns out it's true. I found a YouTube video explaining how to set it up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4cGhQW5Ec

Hitbig

Well, Barry uses to be serious all the time. 8)

thefonz848

wow!! Please tell me it's not a joke!!! I was making plans already!If it is, you defintely got me.

fordman

Well, when I read the email earlier, I was questioning how in the world an lcd screen would hold up with so much touching on the screen.

Fordman

d78

The part about the screen discoloration under pressure having anything to do with the video card should be a dead giveaway.

Barcrest

Yes it was my little april fools joke. I was hoping to have a fake app and you tube video to go with it but never got around to it... Just a bit of fun  ;)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...