Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox Loader

Started by MrSven, April 15, 2011, 08:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSven

Quote from: Barcrest on November 15, 2011, 09:27:27 AM
I think you are correct the REC file needs to be sorted on track name, I don't have the source with me to be 100% sure.

Okay the rec file doesn't need to be sorted by name, only the cvr file. But I fixed that part.

I want to know about the hot hits. It seems to get the hot hits from the user_history.dat except when there is a most_played.dat file, is this correct? We also found that the most_played.dat file does not match the most played files in the user_history.dat. By deleting the most_played.dat file the hot hits worked fine.

What I want to know is the use of the most_played.dat file and is it even necessary to have it.

Barcrest

Quote from: MrZedSven on February 07, 2012, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on November 15, 2011, 09:27:27 AM
I think you are correct the REC file needs to be sorted on track name, I don't have the source with me to be 100% sure.

Okay the rec file doesn't need to be sorted by name, only the cvr file. But I fixed that part.

I want to know about the hot hits. It seems to get the hot hits from the user_history.dat except when there is a most_played.dat file, is this correct? We also found that the most_played.dat file does not match the most played files in the user_history.dat. By deleting the most_played.dat file the hot hits worked fine.

What I want to know is the use of the most_played.dat file and is it even necessary to have it.

most_played.dat was there to speed up loading time so the history didn't have to be built into the most played everytime. It seems like it doesn't work for some reason so i might just not bother with and put up with the longer load times.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

MrSven

Just how long does the jukebox take to start without the mostplayed.dat file? Will it take a couple of minutes or seconds?

Barcrest

Quote from: MrSven on April 17, 2012, 09:28:38 AM
Just how long does the jukebox take to start without the mostplayed.dat file? Will it take a couple of minutes or seconds?

Not sure but this has been dropped, the bulk of the load time is down to the skin and loading the skin images.

Building the most_played is built from the history file so the bigger that is obviously the longer it will take.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Is it possible to have etouch update the database on startup rather than clicking on update database in the config tool when you update the library, or has this already been done?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on April 17, 2012, 10:26:24 AM
Is it possible to have etouch update the database on startup rather than clicking on update database in the config tool when you update the library, or has this already been done?

You wouldn't want it to do that everytime if you had a DB the size of mine. If you want it to run an update everytime then you are better off using a BAT file that calls the config with appropriate flags to update the DB before launching E-Touch.

Jukebox Stats...