News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

A new Wurlitzer 1015 Replica its coming!

Started by barbosaa, May 04, 2011, 02:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbosaa

Hi, friend, today i did the wood door forniture, made the pattern on paper , using the parts to find the correct lines and sizes:

barbosaa

Hi My friends, i received my Dacal Power DVD Carrousel, i am gonna use this CD carrosel to place all my Originals Music CD, and i need that I can select song see art cover Cd and make the cd carrosel go in circles, search the correct CD and put ii into DVD drive and play it!..

I am gonna use my Finger Vu895s Touch screen Monitor.

I am making my own software to do this:

The Software :

Testing...  video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz_UJxf2s3U

barbosaa

Barcrest

I had been on about hooking up to one of those CD Drives for ages as a legal way of putting a touchscreen jukebox into bars in the US. If it has a CD backend it is much easier to get licenced compared to mp3's. Well done on interfacing with it, something i never got around to doing with E-touch as there was not the interest.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

barbosaa

Thanks Barcrest for your reply, you right  if you have use one mp3 jukebox in a public place or shop , you should have the original cds in back for a legal licensing.

I am gonna use my jukebox for my home fun, howewer i like to place in carrousel my original cds because its most magical see when the carrousel go in circles and select the correct cd and play it, when you use one mp3 files thats no magical , because its another simple way to play music, in wathever mechanism mp3, radio , player , ect.

I am gonna add thousand of mp3 music un one HDD internal and play it with Windows Media Center too.

Thanks

barbosaa

leeclark2612

barbosaa, looking at the picture of the SUB, it appears to be POWERED so, what you need to do is this:

1. Connect L + R signal from soundcard to WHITE & RED (L + R in) on rear of SUB
2. Connect the 4 channel amp to GREEN + GREY (L + R out) from rear of SUB to AMP
3. Connect the 4 Speakers to each AMP output
* if the amp is only a 2 channel amp, use both amps and get a phono splitter to split the L + R output from the SUB into two channels from the SUB's L + R outputs..
4. find a suitable power source for BOTH the SUB and the AMP(s)...as previously stated, it will probably need 10AMPS at 12volts, which is slightly more than your average PC PSU can output i think...
5. You MAY also need to put 12v onto the 'head unit power on trigger', depending on the sub, it may power constantly without it...

Hopefully, I have read the schematic correctly, but I may be wrong...

For more help with this SUB, here's a link to a manual for it...
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/JBL%20Marine%20MPS1000%20Manual.pdf

aussie8ball

I too was excited when I looked at that media carousel as I've been looking for something like this for a long time for similiar reasons as Barcrest.
I always thought it would be the ultimate to have a commercial jukebox that plays CD's, VCD's, DVD's & Digital files.
Licensing Freedom! Brilliant!

Barcrest

Quote from: barbosaa on May 18, 2011, 02:37:36 AM
Thanks Barcrest for your reply, you right  if you have use one mp3 jukebox in a public place or shop , you should have the original cds in back for a legal licensing.

I am gonna use my jukebox for my home fun, howewer i like to place in carrousel my original cds because its most magical see when the carrousel go in circles and select the correct cd and play it, when you use one mp3 files thats no magical , because its another simple way to play music, in wathever mechanism mp3, radio , player , ect.

I am gonna add thousand of mp3 music un one HDD internal and play it with Windows Media Center too.

Thanks

So did you write your own interface to the CD player? Apparently you can hook up 170 of these players. That would give you a huge selection if you had the space. I couldn't find an SDK for it and I see it's not exactly cheap at $300.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Ive got a funny feeling that this is going to be the best project on the forum, there are some bloody good home made jukes on the forum but i think this is going to be the best, You need to put etouch on it i would have it as a video juke but what you've done so far looks very impressive.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

barbosaa

Quote from: leeclark2612 on May 18, 2011, 08:28:01 AM
barbosaa, looking at the picture of the SUB, it appears to be POWERED so, what you need to do is this:

1. Connect L + R signal from soundcard to WHITE & RED (L + R in) on rear of SUB
2. Connect the 4 channel amp to GREEN + GREY (L + R out) from rear of SUB to AMP
3. Connect the 4 Speakers to each AMP output
* if the amp is only a 2 channel amp, use both amps and get a phono splitter to split the L + R output from the SUB into two channels from the SUB's L + R outputs..
4. find a suitable power source for BOTH the SUB and the AMP(s)...as previously stated, it will probably need 10AMPS at 12volts, which is slightly more than your average PC PSU can output i think...
5. You MAY also need to put 12v onto the 'head unit power on trigger', depending on the sub, it may power constantly without it...

Hopefully, I have read the schematic correctly, but I may be wrong...

For more help with this SUB, here's a link to a manual for it...
http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/JBL%20Marine%20MPS1000%20Manual.pdf

LeeClark Thanks for youl Help, was very usefull. i am gonna use one NZXT 950W to power the amp 1 for 4 channels and 1 sub 12V i think that is enought?

see power supply especifications  http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=199

Thanks for your electrical help

barbosaa

Quote from: Barcrest on May 18, 2011, 09:34:33 AM
Quote from: barbosaa on May 18, 2011, 02:37:36 AM

Thanks

So did you write your own interface to the CD player? Apparently you can hook up 170 of these players. That would give you a huge selection if you had the space. I couldn't find an SDK for it and I see it's not exactly cheap at $300.

Yes Barcrest i did my own software infercace , because dont exist before, my software can select artist by albun art, then see play list , when i select whatever artist art, and press Go.. the carrousel move in circles, find the correct CD musical, and place it into the DVD drive and play the cd audio, then i can stop, play , pause, add to list ect the songs. when the music stop alone and end cd.. the carrousel put the cd musical in the correct slot in carrousel,

I write api in visual basic and VbA

Barcrest

So do you have to manually enter the CD information into a database or do you look it up on the web from the CD ID number using CDDB?

Jukebox Stats...

barbosaa

Quote from: Barcrest on May 18, 2011, 02:40:29 PM
So do you have to manually enter the CD information into a database or do you look it up on the web from the CD ID number using CDDB?

I use my finger on mini touch screen FingerVu 985S, i touch artist cover, and select it , and then touch GO , and the software to all alone..send one command to dacal power driver ! Magical

Barcrest

Quote from: barbosaa on May 18, 2011, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on May 18, 2011, 02:40:29 PM

I use my finger on mini touch screen FingerVu 985S, i touch artist cover, and select it , and then touch GO , and the software to all alone..send one command to dacal power driver ! Magical

I mean when setting up your software. How did you get the CD Information in and how easy is it to add/remove CD's from the software.

Jukebox Stats...