News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

V5 and V7 lock up --so trying v4 but I like the V5 Blk&Blu skin. dont work in V4

Started by abefroman, May 19, 2011, 01:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman

well, my "paid for" V5 locks up, so i paid another 25 bucks and got V7 and it wont play on battery power and then locks up, so i'm goin' retro and trying out V4 and it seems like it works on battery without locking up but I really like the buttons and layout of the V5 skin, but it wont work in version 4 

so, any suggestions... ???   oh, also, I have to use the 800x600  resolution skin

TIA

lockers90

With regards v7 locking up i am going to presume you are using windows7? If so there are a few regestry hacks you can do to fool it into thinking its a pc and not a laptop. Also try and disable all of the laptop features you can do this in control panel and then disable features

Hope this helps
Summer On The Beach, Winter In The Mountain
:D

Cary_B

If it's locking up only on battery power, I bet it has something to do with the power profile.  Probably the computer is throttling down too much when it is on battery.  Try changing the ON BATTERY profile to be the same as when it is plugged in, and see if that helps.  (Double click the battery icon in the taskbar, and either change the battery profile, or create a whole new one that doesn't sleep, or turn off the screen, etc.)

Barcrest

It is probably to do with media player and running on battery, other than that I've got nothing. I could try installing it on a laptop and see if it will run off batteries?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

abefroman

yeah, it's gotta be the battery power thing that is locking it up.  so far V4 is running nicely even on low battery power, but the damn screen still dims automatically.  i've tried all the settings I can find - even in the BIOS -- control panel - power options, etc...  I am running windows 7 ultimate on a Samsung Q1UP UMPC unit. 

I'll keep monkey'ing with settings, but is there any way I could get the V5 black and blue 800-600 skin to work in V4 ????

thanks for all the help... etouch/freebox rules.... just gotta get it tweaked correctly.

Barcrest

Quote from: abefroman on May 19, 2011, 12:54:31 PM
yeah, it's gotta be the battery power thing that is locking it up.  so far V4 is running nicely even on low battery power, but the damn screen still dims automatically.  i've tried all the settings I can find - even in the BIOS -- control panel - power options, etc...  I am running windows 7 ultimate on a Samsung Q1UP UMPC unit. 

I'll keep monkey'ing with settings, but is there any way I could get the V5 black and blue 800-600 skin to work in V4 ????

thanks for all the help... etouch/freebox rules.... just gotta get it tweaked correctly.

You could create the skin yourself using the V4 skintool and the images from the V7 skin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...