News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My opnion on E-touch (lets do somenthing new) Give E-touch some new life.

Started by Shaggydo, May 24, 2011, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaggydo

Well heres my personal opinion on e-touch ,if you think im wrong on somenthing, then lets talk calm and avoid flaming, im open to constructive and non constructive opinions, so here i go:

First of all, thanks to barcrest for this great juke software and all the effort he puts into this.Of all the jukebox software out there this one seems to me the best one, because of all of it features and for the price.
I do see one bad side,and its the skinning.
from e-touch 5 to 7, there have been many improves on the software but its pretty much the same, for non comercial users like me or even for those who use e-touch comercialy, those features help alot but the main purpose of a jukebox its just TO PLAY MUSIC, as for videos and karaoke are an extra.
So back on the skinning issue, i see that the main guy on skins its coffe, followed by a couple of guys, who put much effort into it, but for my taste and compared to some other juke or media center software, skins are not that great.
Sure those  flamed  skins look great but thats about it, the other skins make etouch look weird or funny. And again thats just my personal opinion, and that dosnt necesarly means that those skins are bad, in fact they are great efforts from people trying to make etouch a better good looking jukebox software.As i have to try to make a skin with some figures on the background and i just simple cant.I dont know how iether coffe (o whoever made those flamed skins) where able to pull those great skins up.
So heres my proposition to the E-touch forum members and owner Barcrest.

Can we work on making E-touch a great looking software by maybe making an Skinning contest with a great big price in cash to the best skin.And maybe that could make e-touch a little more famous, we can promote the contest on other forums so we can bring people that are good with grafics into making  some good skins, i know there are a bunch of good designers at the hyperspin forums as well as the boyac forums.Not to mention that by making this contest maybe Barcrest can make a tottaly new E-touch v8 release.I am comitted to donated 25 dlls tourch the contest  and maybe 19 more lifetime members can do the same so we can have a 500 dlls amount for first ,second and third price winners.

Also i bet this will give barcrest more customers and bit more fame.
Thanks for reading, pardon my grammar as english its my second lenguage.  :beer

coffee

Cool, here is my entry.

Shaggydo

Cool coffe, i know you make great skins, but if we are taking this serius, we need to start making rules and setting up prices, and first of all, we need 19 more members willing to donate 25 so we can have the cash for the prices...

jukejohn

Shaggydo

Thanks jukejohn, that makes 50 with the 2 of us, who elase would like to join?....  :beer

Barcrest

I tried this before and we had 0 entries. It wasn't that people even tried and gave up because of the skintool or limitations of the graphics engine, no one was even bothered to try. I offered up a whole years gameroom subscription and a commercial licence for the first place and free home licences for every skin entered and no one bothered. If you really want a skin then your best way will be to pay someone on one of the sites where people bid for jobs, there are a few of them and you will get something done then but I think they will want a couple of hundred $'s
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

thefonz848

I like this software every much,and I'm willing to donate if it will help in any way.So count me in for whatever!!Anything to keep us on top of the rest.

mahkeymike

I know I probably sound like a broken record to barry and coffee, but i'll say it again, I think the main issue for e-touch to have a better look is the graphic engine.We need support for better transparency like .png format.

Norman Marshall

Im not being a party pooper guys but entering a skin compatition against coffee would be mad, have you guys not seen the skins this chap is belting out on the forum?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Shaggydo

Well its been more the 3 days i had not post, and not alot of folks are in , looks like just 3, that makes it 75 lol, and about Brcrest coment: i think somenthing needs to be done, if people dont react here then inviting people from other forums will get e-touch some more attention.
Abut mahkeymike coment: I dont know how hard would be for barcrest to rewrite the code to make etouch skinning support a bit better,but thats a great idea . and Glen, i know cofee makes great skins, but i think we cant depend only on him for etouch to look nice, wee need  more people envolved, like bracrest sugested, i could pay a couple of 100's to someone to make a skin for me, but thats not the point, the pint its to involve more people, and maybe we can all make e-touch a better good looking soft...HELL YEAH WHO EALSE ITS IN IM WAITING BABY...

coffee

Quotei know cofee makes great skins, but i think we cant depend only on him for etouch to look nice, wee need  more people envolved, like bracrest sugested, i could pay a couple of 100's to someone to make a skin for me, but thats not the point, the pint its to involve more people, and maybe we can all make e-touch a better good looking soft...HELL YEAH WHO EALSE ITS IN IM WAITING BABY...
I will not participate in this competition.
I also need someone to help in building skins as my time is limited.
The biggest problem for me at the moment is having so many skins out and it is a huge job to keep them updated.

Norman Marshall

Quote from: coffee on May 29, 2011, 06:03:39 PM
Quotei know cofee makes great skins, but i think we cant depend only on him for etouch to look nice, wee need  more people envolved, like bracrest sugested, i could pay a couple of 100's to someone to make a skin for me, but thats not the point, the pint its to involve more people, and maybe we can all make e-touch a better good looking soft...HELL YEAH WHO EALSE ITS IN IM WAITING BABY...
I will not participate in this competition.
I also need someone to help in building skins as my time is limited.
The biggest problem for me at the moment is having so many skins out and it is a huge job to keep them updated.
Doing my bit dude and evan though its a time consuming task its an absalute pleasure in doing my bit for E-touch
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

jukejohn

keep etouch as it is

why not do a etouch mk2 or am i talking crap but charge a bigger fee
thats if barry and the skinners have got time to get together
this way there is 2 choices mk1 and mk2

yes easy for me to say just a thought  :beer