Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Slider Problem with WIP Skin

Started by Sly, September 04, 2007, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly

I am currently working on a new skin and would like to try using the slider with it. When I used the skintool and selected to use the vertical slider it showed up fine and I saved the skin and cover file and loaded it in Freebox and the slider is stuck and won't move. In the skintool the "box" around the slider was plenty big, went 2/3 the length of the album screen and still won't move up or down. Am I doing something wrong or is there something I can change to make it work. Thanks.

Barcrest

Try setting it to horizontal slider, i think the labels are messed up...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Sly

I tried switching it to the horizontal and and resizing it so it was vertical and when i loaded it and tried moving the slider i got a runtime error 13 overflow and Freebox closes. The horizontal one works fine for moving horizontal. The vertical will work it you click above or below the button it moves, but as soon as you click on the slider button it moves back up to the top. Basically you can click and drag the vertical slider button.

eist1

I posted a fix to this back in May. You have to go in and manually edit the nav.ini file. When you use the skin tool it does not change the nav.ini for the vertical slider correctly. Here is what I found to fix it:

Re: What's the secret to get the Navigation Slider to slide?
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 11:31:28 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After some trial and error, I found out how to get the Vertical Slider working. It looks like there is a problem in the nav.ini file when configuring the Vertical Slider. I had to manually add the slider bar size to the nav.ini Below you will see where to change it to get it to work. When Barry gets the time maybe he can fix this, but for now just update the height manually, and it will work. Thanks

Slider Config
457<<<< This is the setting for the height of the slider bar set in skin tool (Skin tool does change this setting, so it should show the height you chose in the tool)
Slider

Slider Config
457<<<< This needs to be the same as the height setting above (457) for slider to work, needs to be changed manually (Skin tool does not change this setting)

Sly

jacktucky

Anyone want to help a noob out.  I would like a slider on the default blue skin.  No slider is a deal breaker for me.  My kids can't handle searching.

=J

Woody

Jacktucky

Open the skintool, The two main screens are the tools and the files windows. You can find the slider setup in the files window(near bottom), you need to set it to horizontal or verticle and then place it where you want it on the screen. Read further down in this thread for a fix that you need to do to the .ini file if you use the horizontal setup. That should get you started, You will have to do some background drawing as the slider is nothing more than a sliding button between two points that are defined by the width that you specify in the tools window. Be carefull not to make it too tall or too wide as it craps out at some unknown point. You can download my skin TrueBlue Touchscreen and play with the slider on there to get an idea of what I am talking about. If you are going to edit the backgrounds try using Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net) if you don't have a good editor.

PS ... don't forget to save your work on the files screen.

Woody

jacktucky

Thanks Woody. 

I tend to ask questions first then go looking.  I've set my slider to horizontal, and like you say it appears as buttons.

I can't figure out how to move it though.  Here is a shot of my skintool

I'm off to check out your skin.

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

eist1

Jack,

I can send you a nav.ini file that you can replace the current one with that is in the default_blue folder, and then just change your view in the jukebox to 10 albums and it will work fine (just doesn't have a slider background), if you want it give me an email address to send it to you.

jacktucky

Thanks!

jacktucky @t gmail .dot. com

=J

eist1

Just sent it off, hope it works out for you...

jacktucky