Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Couple of SkinTool V7 questions...

Started by Ashman, September 22, 2011, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashman

So, I've been working on updating my old V5 "guitar" skin (http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2223.msg18498#msg18498) to work in V7, and I'm seeing an issue or two...

1) As I mentioned in the V7 thread, my "top" and "left" labels aren't updating when I click on a button or skin item.  The "width" and "height" lables are updating ok, but the position labels aren't.  Is anyone else seeing this problem?  It's making it hard for me to position things correctly.

2) There is one screen that I'm not seeing represented in Skin Tool.  When you select an album, then click on a song from that album, you're presented with a screen that shows a large image of the album cover with the song name at the bottom.  Which screen is this in the SkinTool drop-down list?  The "now playing" screen looks similar, but not the same.  I must be blind, but I can't seem to figure out which screen that is...

And on a related note, the goal of my skin is to make operation of the system as easy as possible for people who just walk up to it, so I've removed any buttons that don't deal with finding a song or adding it to the queue.  Along that same vein, I really like the streamlined interface of the new SL software (http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=3675.0) where the user is shown a row of genres across the top, a set of most popular songs at the bottom, and large attractive buttons for search, home, etc.  I'm assuming that it would take some major re-programming to create something similar with e-touch, right?  Definitely not possible with the combination of screens we have at our disposal currently, right?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.  I'll throw up my skin for anyone to use or modify once it's in proper working order for V7.
If it runs on electricity, I've taken it apart...

Barcrest

The screen you are looking for is the play options screen.

The new SL skin could be recreated fairly closely with what we have. Did you try the SL Video surfer recration, that was super simple and a 1-1 clone.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Ashman

:tommy

Got it.  Didn't recognize it because it had some sort of sub-window with a keyboard over top of it...

Thanks for the assistance, and I'll have a look at the Video Surfer skin...
If it runs on electricity, I've taken it apart...

Barcrest

Quote from: Ashman on September 22, 2011, 05:35:34 PM
:tommy

Got it.  Didn't recognize it because it had some sort of sub-window with a keyboard over top of it...

Thanks for the assistance, and I'll have a look at the Video Surfer skin...

That window with the keyboard is for the webcam support and messages someone asked me for, they seemed to have dissappeared though.

Jukebox Stats...

simonkg

Hey Barry, the webcam request was mine!

I'm still checking in every now and again and will drop you a msg soon. Other projects have kept me far too busy over Summer but i'm pushing hard to get back on the jukebox - i've got 6 jukebox shells just waiting to be finished and get out there working!

Hopefully be in touch mid October!

Cheers!
Simon

Barcrest

Quote from: simonkg on September 28, 2011, 10:11:32 PM
Hey Barry, the webcam request was mine!

I'm still checking in every now and again and will drop you a msg soon. Other projects have kept me far too busy over Summer but i'm pushing hard to get back on the jukebox - i've got 6 jukebox shells just waiting to be finished and get out there working!

Hopefully be in touch mid October!

Cheers!
Simon

Wondered where you had gone. Just drop me a line whenever you are ready it's fine.

Jukebox Stats...