Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Philco 38-116 Jukebox (Pic Heavy)

Started by Meph, November 15, 2011, 09:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meph

I actually started this project back in June but it has sat dormant for quite some time.  I recently decided to get off my butt and finish it up. 

I picked up this cabinet from a locally owned music store that has been around for about 60 years here.  They restore vintage radios so I went to them looking for a cabinet.  The owner actually donated this cabinet to my cause when I told him what I was planning to do with it.  It had no chassis and the cabinet was pretty beat so they weren't going to restore this one.

I ended up stripping the cabinet with Citri-Strip which worked MUCH better than I could have imagined.  I ordered the reproduction "Philco V" grille cloth which I think really was a great touch to the overall look.  I used a 15" ELO Touchscreen I grabbed off Ebay.  I built my wife a new i5-2600k machine so I snagged her old E6750 for the juke.  I also bought the Logitech z623 200w RMS 2.1 Speakers for it.  They actually sound really good.

The juke is pretty much done.  I have a lot of work to do getting my library and Etouch where I want it, but as for the juke itself I only have to finish the monitor bezel.  So enough talk, here are the pics...

Meph

Meph

Meph

So hopefully tomorrow I can color match and stain the monitor bezel, then I will seal it with a coat of lacquer so the finish matches the cabinet as closely as possible.  I still need to do some serious cable management inside the cabinet and cut a new back for it.  Other than that, this project is done.  What to do next? ;)

Barcrest

Looks really nice, i like those radio conversions the always look really nice and yours is no exception.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

what a nice cab very rare nice job however the blue skin doesnt do it
maybe metal skin or a red skin would but blue and the wood look are miles apart
however your a lucky man to get your hands on this cab
lovely job  :beer

Meph

Yeah that skin was the only one I had on my thumb drive.  I'm going to try Metal and the Popcorn skins later.  I think they will look better.

jukejohn

metal would look realy nice with this dude

Barcrest

I think the coffee skin coffee released would look great on it as it has a lot of brown in it to match the wood. I don't think that skin made it past V6 though.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Cant help thinking that woodwork will look better left dull
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Meph

Well the frame around the monitor isn't perfect but i'm pretty happy with it.  You guys were right about the skin, Metal looks badass on it.  Gonna get Etouch all configured how I want and finish up with sorting my library and then its time to just enjoy it.  =)

Barcrest

This is the skin i was referring too

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=1785.0

Looks like it would be too old to use though.

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

Risim