Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox Config

Started by screaming, October 01, 2007, 11:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frosty

I had a strange bug with the jukebox ver 3.0.0

After running the config, I had a folder called "G" in my music folder.  I'm assuming this is a "Genres" folder that somehow didn't get named correctly.  Inside this folder was one subfolder called "Country?" where the ? was some invalid character I never did identify.  What this did is make the folder indestructible via the windows GUI.  You couldn't copy, move, delete, or rename it.  The only way to get rid of it was from the command line using the 8.3 file nameing "DEL Countr~1.".

Action Items (bugs)
1) I'm not sure why the Genres database was being build inside my music folder, but there should be a check to keep this from happening.
2) The generation of invalid filenames needs to be tracked down and squashed.

My apologies if these were addressed in later versions

Wish list Items
1) When clicking on the library type, the base folder should read the current database and populate the drive combo box and folder combo box with the current settings.

I just downloaded the code and will look for these items.  I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Frosty

Barcrest

Cod is really messy, you should be able to see what is going on though.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

frosty

Spent some time Un-Messying the code today and was able to code up the auto setting of the drive and directory selection boxes.

Frosty

craiglincs

out of interest where did you get the code? i wouldnt mind having a look :)

eist1

Look at the bottom of page 1 of this topic, there is a download button.

frosty

Barry,

Config code cleanup complete.  Check your yahoo mail

Frosty