Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox Config

Started by screaming, October 01, 2007, 11:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screaming

Hey all!  Barry asked me to help out with the config module.  There are a lot of bug reports and updated statuses in this forum for me to go through, so while I do that I wanted to ask you all directly.

Are there any outstanding bugs or features you would like to see in the config module?

just_buck

After choosing to remove and album, it doesn't automatically disappear.
It still remains onscreen until you close the config and relaunch.

After removing an album, it will sometimes add a blank line (or two) at the very top of the database.
When you're in the jukebox, this will show as blank album spots.
Most of the time when you remove an album, it will erase just the path location of another album(s), usually at the bottom of the list.  So when the jukebox is launched, it will show a blank spot of that album.
It's not shown onscreen that you lose the path until you relaunch the config.

If you sort the list in the config anyway other than the default view and attempt to edit an album, it will not reflect the correct album...  You have to go back to the default view so that it grabbing the correct location. 

Is it possible w/ the edit tools to sort the database so that it will display in the jukebox by album name?
Reason I ask is because I have many albums by 1 artist.  So this creates page after page of the same artist, often resulting in song after song of the same artist...  If it could be displayed by album name, it would break it up a little more.....

Hope any of this helps you!

And now that I feel like a big a** and sound like a big complainer, I have to say that this is truly the best that is out there!!!  Can't beat the program, flexiablilty, and the support!
And....  All that I listed here, really doesn't bother me that much....
Anytime I need to add or change, I usually just wipe the databases anyway....
But since it was mentioned, I thought I would reply...
Thanks!

May the Force Be with You

screaming

This is exactly what I was looking for, so thanks just_buck!  I'll start with this list and post my results :)

draginit

just one question... is the config.exe that is thrown onto the desktop different from the config3.exe in the v3 folder? in the past i have used the config from the desktop or start menu and got different errors from the config3 in the folder. so i just use the one from the folder for any changes.

-other than that the only other thing ive noticed that just buck didnt mention is; when creating a fresh audio library and then adding video it will combine the two lists together and reflect that thru freebox, even making sure that the correct audio or video is selected. but generating the audio library, closing the config, and doing each section seperatly there are no issues. just me?
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

Orc

Nope...Same

It combined the two here as well...

just_buck

He's right...  And I forgot to mention that....

You have to build each library at a time....
Do your audio.  Close.  Do you video, etc...

Again, never been a big deal either to close and reopen...
May the Force Be with You

Barcrest

It would probably be best to make the config open source using a source forge site or something because then you can use a CVS. I see BOYKSTER is interested in helping with the coding too... Might be a way around it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

Whatever version I'm using has "label 12" or "text 12" overlaying the album list.

Get on it screaming.

=J

spudgunman

I also would like to lend some of my years behind the coderbox to get your GUI a little better looking. clean up some of the context help as well as streamline how some of the input is, I have a large collection and simple things like cancel the import as well as adding ability to ignore fields on import.

(i sent you a PM Barcrest)

Barcrest

Mail me if you want a copy of tyhe config source code... it's a mess and that is where help is required.

Jukebox Stats...

spudgunman

kizer

Please retain the command line interface of the Config. I use it on a regular basis.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

draginit

spud, if you do look at this i think your first order of interest should be looking into the ability to build a new library without having to close the config each time for each section audio,video,karaoke so they dont combine themselves in each list.  JMO

.....or is this already been fixed? hehe i still close each time i build a new library.  ::)
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

spudgunman

just need to figure out how to hook up and get the code?

Barcrest

Here is the source with no error trapping but it is basically the latest source. If anyone is doing anything with it please let me know.

Jukebox Stats...