Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Play next bug?

Started by coffee, February 24, 2007, 07:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

I have found a strange one. I added 20 song to the queue, 3 of then I selected to play next. They played next but then played in reverse order. The last one I selected to play next played first and the first one last.                                     ???

Barcrest

Perfectly normal behaviour... The last song selected to PLAY NEW will be the first one to play next exactly as the feature should work. You don't want PLAY NEXT after the other 10 PLAY NEXT Tracks really as it's not PLAY NEXT then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi Barcrest

I selected 3 PLAY NEXT tracks while one track was playing, there where still about 20 tracks in the queue that were selected using the normal ADD TO QUEUE function, these 3 tracks played next but in reverse order. If one track is selected while a track is playing that track selected will play next but if more than one track is selected within the time a single track plays that PLAY NEXT tracks will play in reverse.
I thought the play next function worked like the add to queue were the the track selected first plays first.
I just think that a paying customer would be upset if he payed extra to hear his track next and it plays after the next one that comes along and uses the play next funtion while the same track is playing. If everybody uses that funtion the person who came first would hear his track last. It's a bit strange for me.

Thanks
Coffee

Barcrest

Yes but what you are saying is i could come up to the jukebox and select PLAY NEXT but there are alread 30 PLAY NEXT Tracks so i never hear my song... That would piss me off more than other people coming after me and shunting my song down the list. People will be upset if their song comes on and somebody goes and selects PLAY NOW just after their song has started. These features work like this and that is the way it is... If you think it will cause too much trouble you might be better disabling them.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I as well don't like others to disable or skip my qued songs so I disabled the queue buttons. Its easy to do. In the button settings are check the "Set queue read only" check box.

I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

coffee

Hi Barcrest and Kizer

Freebox has 3 play modes. ADD TO QUEUE / PLAY NEXT / PLAY NOW      I don't use PLAY NOW at all, I have disabled it. I also only use the ALBUMS side button and I don't use the HISTORY, TOP 20, QUEUE, SEARCH and OPTIONS side buttons. They are all disabled. I did check the SET QUEUE READ ONLY box.

Barcrest

You will probably like the new genre bar then....

Jukebox Stats...