Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

"More by Artist" not working with all artists

Started by rumackay, June 29, 2012, 11:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumackay

Most of the artists in my database are good and the more by artist feature works great. But some of them the feature doesn't work. Working through it so far, seems "AC/DC" won't work neither will "The Angels". I have several albums for each and the folder structure is the same as other artists that do work.

Can the folder names vs tagged artist names make a difference? I wouldn't think so many artists that do work have different folder names vs tagged artist names. I also can't rename the folder "ACDC" to "AC/DC" and I don't really want to change the artist to "ACDC". I have also checked the tags and all looks good there.

I'm using V8 which says that the feature should be working so I imagine it's something simple on my end - it usually is with me  ;)

Any suggestions as to what I'm missing would be great, thanks.

And could someone please explain the features and differences with the paid version. I'm all too happy to pay for good software but I don't know which one is right for me - the $35 or $70. I've done a bit of searching but I think I'm more confused than ever  :D

Cheers

Barcrest

Ok, I know what is going on with this and there will be a fix in 8.0.1

"The Avengers" isn't working because you used the name swap to have it show as "avengers, the" and in the artists folder the CVR doesn't match so isn't called.

With AC/DC you can't use / in a filename so it will be ACDC in the artists folder and isn't called again because no match.

Both of these issues will be fixed in the next release.

As for donating, $35 gets you the full V8 release and any subsequent patch releases all the way until V9 comes out. $70 gets you access to every version from now until the project ends along with beta access and exclusive lifetime member skins created by users on here such as coffee.

Hope that clears everything up for you, any further issues feel free to post.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

I'm flaking out...where is the name swap option located? I know I had it set up before I switched skins, now I can't find it anywhere.

Barcrest

Quote from: LLUncoolJ on June 29, 2012, 01:30:19 PM
I'm flaking out...where is the name swap option located? I know I had it set up before I switched skins, now I can't find it anywhere.

It's in the config, under the advance settings it's a check box there. If the name swap is used then the name stored in the library will be "Artist, The"

Jukebox Stats...

LLUncoolJ

That's right. I was looking all over under the options while in the program. I knew I saw it somewhere. Thanks Barcrest! :beer

rumackay

Cheers Barcrest, I'll work around it until you get a chance to sort it out. Anyway it's not like a big issue and the rest of the program works great so far.

But should I be naming all my folders the exact same as the artists (ignoring the one's we spoke about earlier) because I'm 90% sure I have many folders named differently to the artist and they seem to work fine?

I'll definitely be paying for the full version in the next few days but like I asked, what are the differences between the free and paid versions as far as the software/features. There doesn't seem to be any limitations on the version I have now nor does it ask me to register...or is it about to stop on me in the next day or two  ;)

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

rumackay