Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Songs that don't play - Need a favor

Started by d78, October 06, 2007, 08:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d78

I have server albums of MP3s that Freebox will not play for some reason. Sometimes Freebox will skip these files and go to the next queued or random song. Sometimes playing will just stop.

I tried converting the files to CBR with no luck. All the tags look good also.

If somebody could try adding these files to their freebox and see if you can play them or tell me whats wrong, that would be awesome.

http://dlterrones.net/Megadeth-small.zip

TIA

-Dion

Orc

They contain Album art....

Try removing that...........

d78

SON OF A B!

That worked. Thanks!

Is that a common problem in freebox?

Orc

I believe so...From what I have read..

Anyway glad it worked...

surf

The majority of my MP3"s contain art, most of them play fine, however there are quite a few that have no volume, even though the time is still running - is this related, and most importantly, will there be a fix? I would hate to remove art from 10000 songs....  ???

casper

most of my albums had embedded art and would not play so i spent some time retagging them and sorting them alphabetically it also gave me a chance to get rid of unused art like thumbnails back covers duplicate albums etc in the album folders i also converted all formats to mp3 it might seem a pain but it is ultimately rewarding sorting them out. now every song plays as it should and i can now lay my hands on any album i want. at the time i sorted through some 68000 songs which after getting rid of duplicates and junk got down to 62000. i just kept chipping away at them over a couple of weeks. in a strange way i'm glad they didn't play i now have a nice neat collection junk free.

Barcrest

It is worth tidying up your collection to get the best out of it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

surf

Unfortunatly, I've already spent weeks tagging everything to include the artwork! Oh well, it's always gotta be something....

d78

Quote from: surf on October 07, 2007, 10:14:47 PM
The majority of my MP3"s contain art, most of them play fine, however there are quite a few that have no volume, even though the time is still running - is this related, and most importantly, will there be a fix? I would hate to remove art from 10000 songs....  ???

Every time I've had the "No volume" problem, it was due to VBR encoding. I converted those to CBR and then they played fine.

There is a batch script for Media Monkey called Album Art Tagger. One of it's many options is to Extract the art to a jpg file and then remove it from the tag. Since freebox needs the jpg files anyway, it sort of kills two birds with one stone.

surf

What's the best way to convert to CBR (I'm assuming constant, not variable, bit rate)?

Does that increase file size dramatically?

Thanks!

Barcrest

Well if you remove the album art from each file you'll save a load of space there, more than you would lose converting VBR files to CBR.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

As well removing the album art will reduce the file size of each song. Its better to have one image in a folder than 10files with the image embeded.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

I think i have figured out the issue with some songs not playing... I will make a release in a minute.

Jukebox Stats...

d78

Quote from: Barcrest on October 10, 2007, 12:03:25 AM
I think i have figured out the issue with some songs not playing... I will make a release in a minute.

Does this include songs with no sound?

Barcrest

The fix was for songs that just flick up and skip to the next one.

Jukebox Stats...