Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Wall mount jukebox

Started by squirrellydw, October 09, 2007, 01:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I would be interested but only if the monitor was included and depending on the shipping to the U.K. It looks like there would be room to mount the PC internally in that so it would be ideal... Drop me a mail or something see if we can sort something out.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

barry you would struggle to mount a stripped down pc inside the cabinet i used all small factor pc.s for my jukes and there's no way they would fit in there. the only thing you could do is to use it the way squirrellydw intended to use it and have the pc seperate.

squirrellydw

Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

Barcrest

Quote from: casper on October 17, 2007, 02:54:43 PM
barry you would struggle to mount a stripped down pc inside the cabinet i used all small factor pc.s for my jukes and there's no way they would fit in there. the only thing you could do is to use it the way squirrellydw intended to use it and have the pc seperate.

A System board with ram and CPU is little more than 1" high. so you think there isn't the clearence to mount that on the back board? You would use the on board video and sound etc.... The one i was bidding on off ebay was not as wide as this one is at the bottom

Jukebox Stats...

squirrellydw

well the bottom is split in half if you look at the one pic so it can't go the whole way to the bottom.  otherwise it might work
Graphic creator of the original BnB, BnR, BnO and BnG Skin
Coffee is the man now

casper

I think it would be a nice neat cab if you could get the computer in there i do like the rounded look of the case. barry you say the bourd is 1" high with ram etc then theres the proccessor heat sink and fan cables to the monitor cable to the psu the psu itself these screens tend to give alot of heat off . it would have to be well ventalated you would have no room for hardrives cd writer graphics etc some of these can be external but then it seems pointless putting in the motherboard etc. on the 3 cabs iv'e built each one got bigger but you still seem never to have enough room to mount things. barry if you had a patacular style you would like built i could knock you something up i have a spare  touchscreen gathering dust somewhere its only 15" but it does the job well and i would be very reasonable on price will not break the bank. let me know what you think barry.

Barcrest

Look at the robinsons jukebox digital wallmount, that only has a 15" that is the type of cab i would like.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robinsonsjukeboxes/products.htm

It's at the bottom, NEW DIGITAL JUKEBOXES. That one does use a nice projective touchscreen so you can hide it behind glass.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

do we know what these are selling for? when there too scared to put the price you know your chins gunna hit the floor when they tell ya. looks a bit like a flight case with a screen in it... it is nice and neat though..personally i would have to go for the space man..

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]

Barcrest

They are £1,500 so that would be $3,000.... Problem is the projective touchscreen they use isn't cheap. However it lasts a lot longer than other types of screen.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Just looked at the specs for the computer 80gb hd 256 ram its hardley cutting edge technology their wanting alot of money for a screen basically. each juke iv'e built came in under £350 each all with a min 400gb hd min 1gb ram all fast processors dvd writers 256 graphics 5.1 sound and speakers 15" touchscreens that includes cost of cab paint lights and led sign everything. the projective screens may be good and last longer but for that money you can replace a standard touchscreen 10X if it broke.

Barcrest

Yes i agree with you it is low spec and over priced this is why i have been looking elsewhere and not actually brought one.

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Beeks

Love he flight case idea,  so i have order a aluminium 1000 cd holder type flightcase, which i will convert to hold a 15inch touchscreen and the PC etc

I will keep you guys up to date with the production etc.  Cost was 28 quid for the case from here

http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1647

Will rip out all the material etc and start to convert it,  Will be smart when finished and also portable if required.

Post more once started

Cheers

Beeks
"He who has most toys wins"  And i am winning :D

Beeks

Heres my mock up design

Cheers Beeks
"He who has most toys wins"  And i am winning :D

casper

Quote from: Beeks on November 01, 2007, 12:35:49 PM
Heres my mock up design

Cheers Beeks