Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Wireless COM Port

Started by Barcrest, October 09, 2007, 10:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

I found these....

http://www.wcscnet.com/HdwBTRS232.htm

Ideal for setting up the LED Sign wirelessly and also should support the touchscreen interface as well if you wanted to put that somewhere else although you would need a video sender as well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

nice find!! im gonna checkem out. looks like they'll work for me.  i may need more then one reciever from what ive learned so far...dunno its gonna be a learn as i go thing. thanks for the helpful post.

-oh i get it now.   :P im probably gonna order a pair.  ;)
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

draginit

ive been doing more seaching on wireless. im finding that vga to vga wireless is just too bandwith demanding and not priced for practical use.  i like the product you found barry for the rs232 factor, but i would still need to send the video signal that way too. I was thinking in my case, i may not have to go wireless now since ive only got the touchscreen away from the cpu.  i found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Startech-VGA-RS232-CAT5-EXTENDER-ST121UTP232_W0QQitemZ290169944174QQihZ019QQcategoryZ42321QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
does anyone have any opinions or advise on these. this, im thinking, would eliminate having to buy a video sender too and trying to hook the vga thru a converter to s-video or other types which may lose some quality in the picture. Also be a bit cheaper by buying one unit. i dont plan on putting my screen more than 20 ft from the jukebox so range is not a factor and as for hiding the cat5 cable, thats easy too.
-think this unit will work with any touchscreen and anyones thoughts on these?

Barcrest

Well i will be using TV out and wireless that way with a video sender. As i am only sending the music videos and audio that will work fine for me.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

right. if im reading your post right it sounds like you dont need the wireless comport for your setup? just a  video/audio sender, and fortunatly those are mostly inexpensive. ive seen a ton of those that are s-video or composite. i wouldve like to gone that route too but since i have everything with the cpu but the touchscreen(which i guess makes this the complete opposite setup i had originally planned lol..and i found the led signs come with about 50'!! of cable, i will need the functionality of the rs232 and vga over at my new podium tune selector.
-hey thanks. believe it or not, reading your post and thinking this thru again, its clear what i have to do now to complete my setup. im just waiting on a response now from the source to tell me if those units are compatible to any touchscreen.

Barcrest

Well you could just run an umbilical cord across to the podium with the VGA and com port cables in. That would be the easiest and cheapest option.

Or you could move the computer intot he podium and send the com port information and audio/video across wirelessly to the juke.

Jukebox Stats...