Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album search pin protected

Started by vampman, October 10, 2012, 04:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vampman

hi, all hope this is in the right place, i have just donated to get the full version, but now i have the album search pin protected if i pin protect anything,
i am trying to pin protect the options to keep the kids out but when i do pin protect anything it pins the album search and it is grayed out in the security settings page,
hope this make sense. and sorry using latest version of E touch
Thanks

Barcrest

Ah.... This must be an issue if you have upgraded from an earlier version as I saw it at the bar where i have a juke installed.

If you delete pin_settings.ini then it should fix your issue.

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

vampman

try ed to delete it but it just replaced it with the same file when i put the password on also try ed uninstalling but on reinstall it was the same so i had to manually alter the file placing all 0,s in the pin_settings.ini  then it would not ask for pin on album search but the option is still grayed out.
thanks for the help

Barcrest

Quote from: vampman on October 11, 2012, 09:29:18 AM
try ed to delete it but it just replaced it with the same file when i put the password on also try ed uninstalling but on reinstall it was the same so i had to manually alter the file placing all 0,s in the pin_settings.ini  then it would not ask for pin on album search but the option is still grayed out.
thanks for the help

There is some odd bug there it will be fixed in the next beta.

Jukebox Stats...

vampman

no problem thanks for that, i am now getting an odd problem now if you could try and help with this one, i was trying to add radio stations to e-touch but when i create a radio database i loose my videos i can still see the covers and click on it but the track has gone, if i rebuild my video database i loose my radio stations i can still see the radio station folder and art and i click on it but where it should have a track to select to play the radio station there is nothing there, this keeps going in a loop of rebuilding and losing the other, i have tryed to have a clean install and also tryed to install in a new folder but still the same i have to choose between the videos or radio stations audio is unaffected and i don't have any karaoke.
i am running the latest 8.xx version if this makes any diffrence.
Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: vampman on October 12, 2012, 02:32:03 PM
no problem thanks for that, i am now getting an odd problem now if you could try and help with this one, i was trying to add radio stations to e-touch but when i create a radio database i loose my videos i can still see the covers and click on it but the track has gone, if i rebuild my video database i loose my radio stations i can still see the radio station folder and art and i click on it but where it should have a track to select to play the radio station there is nothing there, this keeps going in a loop of rebuilding and losing the other, i have tryed to have a clean install and also tryed to install in a new folder but still the same i have to choose between the videos or radio stations audio is unaffected and i don't have any karaoke.
i am running the latest 8.xx version if this makes any diffrence.
Thanks

Are you using the config in advanced mode? Also after making one DB say the video you will need to exit the config before building the next one did you do that?

Jukebox Stats...

vampman

thanks for that, i did not leave the config before i was building the next db
will try now fingers crossed.

vampman

tryed that and it still the same i have either videos or radio any more things to try?
can not work this out.

Barcrest

Quote from: vampman on October 12, 2012, 03:56:29 PM
tryed that and it still the same i have either videos or radio any more things to try?
can not work this out.

Seems like you MAY have found a bug, I will take a look at this as well for you. Expect a beta out later today to fix both issues.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

Ok, for me videos and radio build correctly. Make sure you delete the whole E-touch folder and re-install. I know this bug existed in an earlier version and i think you are running that rather than the current config 8.exe

Can you let me know if this fixes it.

Jukebox Stats...

vampman

hi, tried that many times, have installed to diff named folder diff locations and different hdd ie d:/  and such like i have deleted all items from app data but still the same, it is now worse i can now only have one database as whenever i try to build a database, it is not seeing any other tracks on the other databases, i know you are going to say i am not using the config right but i can assure you i am, the only thing i can find is the config is creating 4 files for the records videos and radio .rec .cvr .cvx .rex i thought there was only supposed to be 2, and is there some reg entry that i installed during the 7.something demo version i used to test before i donated for the app that could be causing it?

Barcrest

Quote from: vampman on October 20, 2012, 04:16:36 PM
hi, tried that many times, have installed to diff named folder diff locations and different hdd ie d:/  and such like i have deleted all items from app data but still the same, it is now worse i can now only have one database as whenever i try to build a database, it is not seeing any other tracks on the other databases, i know you are going to say i am not using the config right but i can assure you i am, the only thing i can find is the config is creating 4 files for the records videos and radio .rec .cvr .cvx .rex i thought there was only supposed to be 2, and is there some reg entry that i installed during the 7.something demo version i used to test before i donated for the app that could be causing it?

The REX and CVX are back ups of the REC and CVR.

When you build the DB for say audio are you closing down the config then opening it again to build the next db? The settings for the config are not stored in the registry so I don't know why you are seeing this odd behaviour.

Jukebox Stats...

vampman

hi, yes i am definitely closing the the config between each db build and running in admin just in case, what i have noticed it that it is not storing the file path for the radio or video but it is for the records, ie if i choose to build the radio/video db i have to manually point to the path ever time except for the audio when i select that one it points straight to the audio files in the config. should it not remember all paths for the db's. and i can now get 2 db's working again but it i def can not get both the video and radio db's working at the same time work.

vampman

dont know how i ended up doing it but somehow i have managed to build all three db's and get them all working at the same time, fingers crossed it will stay that way. anyway thanks for trying to help me sort it.