Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

How to adjust the Newly added settings

Started by D2e, November 30, 2012, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D2e

Can someone clarify how exactly the newly added screen pulls it's date info? (V8 SxxLxxs skin)
I have always had it set for 30 days but after an error a ton of files got changed which made them seem modified/new.
I have since adjusted the days all the way down to 1 & am still getting 58 pages in newly added from that error that was 3 weeks ago.
I have tried unchecking 'use modify date as added', then updating, regenerating RE-checking use modified date then updating & regenerating. Several times on each. Nothing removes them from newly added, even at the 1 day setting.
I am stumped on this one. Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

Roger

Cary_B

I'm going to chime in here, may be way off the mark.  But I have never gotten it to work correctly much myself.  Seems it only likes to work it you set your system to use the UK dates/time format.  Some bug in the program that won't read dates correctly if set to US date/time format. My main jukebox system that was working correctly a long time ago by setting it to UK, but the computer had a meltdown, and when I reloaded everything after the rebuild, cound't get it to work right again.

D2e

Thanks for pointing that out, I DO have mine set to UK time as well. Should've mentioned that in the original post.

Barcrest

I am testing this now, i will see if it works I have just added new albums an re-generated the DB.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

Great, please keep me posted. I made several other attempts over the weekend & I just can't get the days new counter working correctly.

Barcrest

Well the DB Generated correctly with the correct dates but I didn't check they were showing up correctly due to me spending the time adding the audio DB stuff into the config.... I will check later to see if it worked for me. I have been trying to use the artist logo if you have it filtered on an artist but i might drop that and just use the artist logo on the track listing page. Sorry rambling I should save for the beta thred.

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

Anything on this, Barry? I'm stumped. I've set it to 1 & even 0 days & it's still showing albums from 35 days ago in newly added no matter what I do...

Barcrest

It works for me, are you sure your dates are set to UK? Do the dates show correctly in the config?

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

Yes, set to London GMT time in Windows XP. Modified dates are correct in the config. All the artists in letters A/B/C have a date of 15/11/12. I generate with 1 day as time considered new & they ALL show up in newly added. 

Barcrest

That is odd because as I say it is working for me... Can you post up screen grabs of the options page so i can try and duplicate your settings.

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

I loaded that last beta upgrade release you posted & that seems to have fixed it. Although I can't be sure it was actually that. I changed the clock back to USA, rebooted then reset to UK as well. Also tried many different variations of updating, regenerating & changing the days new count.
At any rate, I fired it up this morning & the 58 page count for new adds is down to 4 so I am happy!

Barcrest

Quote from: D2e on December 12, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
I loaded that last beta upgrade release you posted & that seems to have fixed it. Although I can't be sure it was actually that. I changed the clock back to USA, rebooted then reset to UK as well. Also tried many different variations of updating, regenerating & changing the days new count.
At any rate, I fired it up this morning & the 58 page count for new adds is down to 4 so I am happy!

It's one of those odditties that I just couldn't recreate. At least you are back up and running now.

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

Spoke too soon. It's still completely screwed. Started it this morning & all 62 pages are back as newly added. Here are the screens, I really need to figure this out & get it sorted. You'll note the 2Pac albums have modified dates of November 8th & are all listed as newly added with a 5 day period selected.

Barcrest

It's Regional and Language you need to go in and check you are set to English United Kindgom in there.

Jukebox Stats...

D2e

Here is what I have for those settings. All UK English...