Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Updating Decades Lists

Started by andowhy, October 30, 2007, 10:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andowhy

One of my favourite features of Freebox is the Decades option (lists top 10 songs for every month from every year) but have noticed in all the releases the charts have gone up to Feb 2004 and no further.  As I use this option all the time I have updated the charts to the present month. 

Also as I am based is Australia I have rewritten the chart lists from Jan 1989 using the ARIA Chart lists (Australian version of billboard etc) to make it a bit more relevant to myself and my audience.  I just wondered whether anyone else may be interested in these charts and if so the best way of providing them.

If you havent tried the Decades option, give it a shot. It rocks.

casper

yeh its a great feature i use it all the time. i don't know how many people use this feature maybe its more for uk users though but worth while trying.

Barcrest

I also love this feature and part of the skin tool update i am wroking on will allow the year selection screen to be skinned correctly. If you want to share what you have just zip them up and mail them to me and i'll upload them and provide a link. I couldn't get any newer ones that i provide because the site i got them from doesn't offer anything newer then that.

I was hoping someone would provide a US version of the lists as well but the information isn't easy to find on the web.

People love looking what was in the top 10 when they were born.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

andowhy

Yeah, thats usually the first thing people look at, what was top when they were born.

I dont know if its possible but a feature id love to see is multiple decades lists (nothng over the top, maybe about 3) this way you could have australian, uk or us charts, or even billboard hip-hop, billboard pop, billboard country charts etc.

I reckon ive come across a few billboard archive sites previously, If I find a decent one I can look at doing a us list (obviously itll take some time to produce due to how long those charts have been going).

At any rate, I am now able to enjoy (or cringe in most instances) the cream of aussie music over past couple of decades.

casper

i'd really like the billboard country charts if it is possible.

Barcrest

If we get more sets availble then i will add a chart chooser to the jukebox software. It's something i have wanted for a long while..
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

sounds like a feature i would use . it would be great if you could get a list together