Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

loading new page of album covers seems slow

Started by kremmit, November 07, 2007, 06:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kremmit

I'm just testing Freebox out on my regular desktop PC right now, and loading new page of album covers seems slow.  Specs:

Freebox 3.0.9, Windows XP Pro, Athlon XP 2500+, 480 megs of ram, and crappy Via S3 embedded video.

I've not done anything to speed the system up, it's still running my firewall, antivirus, and stuff in the background.  But still, seems like I see people posting that they can run Freebox on old 600mhz machines- shouldn't it be moving faster for me?

Barcrest

How big are you cover images? This effects the speed. The recommended size is 320 x 320

Oh yeah and get the latest V3.0.12
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Im running it on a 1ghz machine with 512 megs of ram and all my covers are 300x300. You video card shouldn't slow it down much, but might effect how pretty it looks, but not much for loading up the covers. When I had some larger covers I noticed the loading time was slower BIG TIME.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

kremmit

Aha!  I have not resized my covers, they're whatever size they were downloaded at.  I'll have a go at shrinking them and see how I do.

Zazen

FYI Irfanview is superb for that purpose. It will resize all of your images in one batch run.