Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New user -V4, license and directory help

Started by Quarryjam, August 03, 2013, 03:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarryjam

Just bought a used, self contained unit with a 3M touchscreen and an integrated P3 pc, it is running in XP with V4 and I can not be sure of the validity of the license, no idea of how to check it.

This machine loads slowly and I guess I need to add some RAM etc especially if  I update with a new version/license.

Here is the real crux of the matter - I have the 383 runtime error and I see from the forum that I need to delete the directory - what  I cannot find is how to delete the directory, bear in mind - I don't even know what the directory is or where I am likely to find it.

I am stunned by the interest and depth of knowledge that the forum clearly contains but so far Freebox doesn't feel especially user friendly, I just want to switch it on and use it, as an example - there is a great deal of discussion re tags and I am sure that somewhere there is a description in laymans terms of what a tag is - the trouble is, I cannot find it.

It may well turn out that buying the latest version would furnish me with a comprehensive idiots guide to Freebox but I have my doubts, I can see that there are moves afoot to create tutorials etc and it is very clear that there are some very dedicated members contributing to this forum.

My plan is (was) to get to grips with Freebox at home before moving on to buy a commercial license and use it in my business but for $250 I really would not want to have to visit the forum to get to the bottom of runtime errors etc - please put me right because there really is so much to commend this piece of software and if I ever get rid of runtime 383 I am looking forward to discovering more about it.

Barcrest

V4 is very old, the current is V8. The software on that machine is not licensed, did you buy it off E-bay perchance? I have had issues with people selling it on there and E-Bay don't seem to give two hoots.

You say you want something you can just switch on and it works, it does take a bit of work to get that point. I assume you already have your audio on the machine so it shouldn't be too difficult to at least get it up and playing music.

If you use windows explorer you will probably find E-Touch installed in the Program Files directory. Right click it and rename the directory to something like E-Touch Old. Then download the demo V8 off here and install that. Then once that's installed run the config, switch to advanced mode and browse to where you music is stored and do a generate. It should make your library and you will be able to launch the demo and play music.

There are a lot of options to configure to get this running exactly as you like but that will at least get it up and running on the current version.

I assume you are in the U.K? Where exactly are you, i may be able to set it all up for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

stevaside

Ok....Will the update/fix be availiable within the next couple weeks? If not could I still buy version 7?I know about the closing out from the settings, but unless I'm mistaken it seemed version 7 had the ability to quickly minimize full screen mode & 8 didnt, Id rather have a version with that feature anyways.

Thanks,
Steve

Barcrest

When you buy v8 you have access to all previous releases.

Jukebox Stats...

stevaside

Ok,cool...would buying version 8 also include the next update that fixes the config issue? BTW sorry for posting in the wrong thread here, dont know how that happened lol

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...