Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Terminal Error

Started by vtn, August 10, 2013, 12:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtn

When trying to set the "Terminal" and location of my "master", I receive an error then it hangs.  I cant quite catch the exact error, but "Bad ..." came up.

I have two jukeboxes and I bought etouch for this capability.

Thank you for the assistance.
vtn

Barcrest

On the terminal machine you need to map a drive to the path of E-touch running on the master. You need to allow the terminal machine to have full control of that drive mapping. You then put that path into the terminal and it should work, this needs to be the mapped path like X:\ not the unc path.

Sound like your issue is that you do not have the permissions to write to that path or you have specified and incorrect path.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

vtn

Ok, ty.

Does it need specific access to any folder in the E-Touch directory?
I mapped directly to the "E-Touch" directory, using Y:\.

So the settings in the "Terminal" should be "Y:\", correct?

Thank you for your help! :)
vtn

vtn

On my terminal jukebox, I rebooted.  Once rebooted, I tried to open e-touch and receive the following error: "Run-time error '76': Path not found" and E-Touch does not open.

I tried installing again (not uninstalling and then reinstalling, just installing on top of the current installation).

Thoughts?

Thank you!
vtn

Barcrest

Quote from: vtn on August 10, 2013, 01:02:42 PM
Ok, ty.

Does it need specific access to any folder in the E-Touch directory?
I mapped directly to the "E-Touch" directory, using Y:\.

So the settings in the "Terminal" should be "Y:\", correct?

Thank you for your help! :)
vtn

This is correct and as long as it has permissions to write to that directory then it should work.

Quote from: vtn on August 10, 2013, 01:18:40 PM
On my terminal jukebox, I rebooted.  Once rebooted, I tried to open e-touch and receive the following error: "Run-time error '76': Path not found" and E-Touch does not open.

I tried installing again (not uninstalling and then reinstalling, just installing on top of the current installation).

Thoughts?

Thank you!
vtn

Errors should be caught by the error trapping code? What does the error log say?

I also forgot to mention.

The media needs to be on the same path, so it it's f:\audio\mp3s on the master it also needs to be that path on the terminal. Again you can set this up using drive mappings.

The easiest way is to set up the master then copy the whole etouch folder to the terminal and just make the changes on the terminal to set the drive mapping. This is because you don't need to regenerate the DB on the terminal as the media paths etc are the same.

Jukebox Stats...

vtn

Thanks Barcrest.

Ok, followed those directions and I am getting closer. :)

However, when adding songs from the Terminal, the queue on the Master is changing the song queued to the song playing, but displaying the right cover album.  The song does than finally play, but peeps watching the queue will never know which song comes up.  Also the queue on the Terminal also displays the wrong song queued (shows the song playing instead).

vtn

when adding songs from the Terminal, the queue on the Master is changing the song queued to the song playing, but displaying the right cover album.

a better way in saying it:
when adding songs from the Terminal, the queue on the Master lists the song queued as the song currently playing, but the album cover displayed is correct.

Barcrest

Yes that display issue is a bug that is fixed in the current beta. You can always hide the queue from users anyway.

Jukebox Stats...