Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I made a new skin in photoshop. It is 1600X900. I am not sure how to make it work or if it can be done. I wanted to use some png extensions, but they don't seam to work . If anyone could help me that would be great. I need it to work with version 8 the latest beta, I can give u the photoshop file. Here is a preview

Barcrest

That looks cool, you need to export the buttons with a solid colour background as a bmp you can then import them into the skin tool... I am hoping to support PNG down the line.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

DaDuber

I am using the black and blue with letters skin as a template. How can I re-size the section that says make a selection. I would like it to be smaller so I can fit the top buttons.

Thanks

ecbrad

This has a nice cartoony feel with little clutter. Me likey =)

Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on October 24, 2013, 07:03:24 PM
I am using the black and blue with letters skin as a template. How can I re-size the section that says make a selection. I would like it to be smaller so I can fit the top buttons.

Thanks

In the skin tool you click it and alter it's height and width as you do for any of the items.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I goto the texture viewer and add the makeselection.gif then it shows up in the big window that has no name. What window do I use to change the width and height?
also is there a tutorial anywhere how to use this?

Thanks....

DaDuber

Figured out how to re-size (click in item then under tools menu). My problem now is how to get rid of the pop up menu and just make the buttons across the top and bottom of the home screen.

Thanks

Barcrest

The manual for the skintool is included with the release, it's not 100% complete but it covers enough to get you up and running.

Skintool Manual.docx

It's in the folder you installed E-touch in.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I got some of the skin done and working. I have a few questions maybe someone could help me with.
questions are in pic below:

Norman Marshall

Just about everything you see in the skin tool can be moved, if theres something you don't want to see, (ever) just move it right till you cant see it any more, but do not delete the file from the skin folder or you will get error messages when ever you open the skin tool
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

DaDuber

It wont let me drag the background or replace it for the player controls. The buttons in the pop out menu I still want, I just don't want a popup menu. I want them permanently there and up top.

Thanks....

ecbrad

Don't you just de-select the popup menu in the theme?

Brad

DaDuber

Where at? I found where I take the popup out of player controls but I dont know how to remove popup menu

DaDuber

Still can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated. I can post the skin so far if it helps.

Thanks......