Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norman Marshall

Quote from: DaDuber on October 31, 2013, 02:00:51 PM
Still can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated. I can post the skin so far if it helps.

Thanks......

OK I think you have to open the jukebox and navigate to options, Button settings and untick the display pop-up menu
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on October 31, 2013, 06:19:39 PM
Quote from: DaDuber on October 31, 2013, 02:00:51 PM
Still can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated. I can post the skin so far if it helps.

Thanks......

OK I think you have to open the jukebox and navigate to options, Button settings and untick the display pop-up menu

The pop up menu will always show in the skin tool so you can skin it but you will see there are also buttons for the normal menu on the screen. It might be the skin you have based yours off has moved them off screen. You can delete the menu.ini to reset them to default and you should see them then.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

That brought another menu up and helped. Still a few more questions:

Norman Marshall

Quote from: DaDuber on October 31, 2013, 08:25:00 PM
That brought another menu up and helped. Still a few more questions:

To remove the white background that's showing you need to resize that in the skintool and as far as I know you cant have two queue buttons.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

DaDuber

How do I remove the gray gradient background and the black on the player controls. Or replace it?

Thanks...

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on November 01, 2013, 01:15:58 PM
How do I remove the gray gradient background and the black on the player controls. Or replace it?

Thanks...

You have to replace it, you can use the grab menu and player background button to grab what is behind it as an image. Sorry for the delay in my replies, I'm not really up on the skin tool (Yeah i know i made it) as I have not worked on skins for a long while and I'm currently devoting all the time to getting the main app running.

You can't have 2 queue buttons on the screen only one.

You need to change the button styles to 5 and 7 IIRC to remove the gradient background.

I do really like this skin BTW, top notch.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Sorry about all the questions.. I changed the backgrounds and changed the buttons to style 7.
The buttons have little white marks on top is there anyway to remove this?
How do I change the background on main page? the top is ok the black part below I need to change.
How can I have more buttons across the bottom or make the popup menu always there?

Thank You
Here it is so far:

Barcrest

Those little white marks are because some of the button is getting removed. Make the background of the button image a colour that isn't used on the button and they will go away. That menu should have the full set of buttons so it looks like you need to click in the background and expand the box to see the other buttons, they must be off screen.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I still get the white on the outside of buttons. Trying to figure out how to make it smoother. I have a few more questions, hopefully someone can answer:

Barcrest

Use that top menu you have and make it taller so you can have the buttons down the bottom as well. That should work.

change the back colour to black on the buttons to help with that edge issue.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Here's what I tried in skin tool:

and heres what it looks like:

It doesn't show the buttons on the bottom or side. Must be below the layer?

Barcrest

Yeah it would only work if you made the album page narrower so the bottom buttons would be visible.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

so is there any way to have where it says close menu always be open?

Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on November 05, 2013, 02:28:14 PM
so is there any way to have where it says close menu always be open?

Thanks

You want the pop up menu always displayed? I could make a change for the next beta, let me take a look.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I just want to be able to put the buttons on the top and bottom. Whatever is easiest for you would be great.