Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

Any luck on making the popup always there? Also I can't seem to change the background on the main screen, I tried changing a few images but its still black.

Thanks

Barcrest

Not made the change yet as I am trying to fix the other albums by: listing for those seeing label 18... After that I would look at making the skin change for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I have a few more problems I can't figure out. The skin works on V9. If someone wants to help me finish it I can upload it.
Thanks....

Barcrest

Are you going with png files as I make the changes? I will check why that font doesn't keep the colour for the next alpha.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Right now they are gif's but after I get it working I may change them. Also it looks better in v9 theres no ring around the top buttons.

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on November 19, 2013, 02:16:46 PM
Right now they are gif's but after I get it working I may change them. Also it looks better in v9 theres no ring around the top buttons.

Yeah but they have no transparency so the background is also shown, which is why you would want to use transparent PNG's for those. This is the reason for moving to the new control, also the memory leak in the old one was a PITA.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I changed a few buttons to png, but when I go to skin tool and try to use the png's they dont show up in file list. if I type it in then it just freezes the skin tool.

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on November 19, 2013, 04:23:20 PM
I changed a few buttons to png, but when I go to skin tool and try to use the png's they dont show up in file list. if I type it in then it just freezes the skin tool.

Yeah you have to manually edit the ini file right now and it will only work with the V9 Alpha, it will not load back into the skin tool with the PNG. I am going to make an updated skintool that saves out seperate ini's for V9, hopefully for the next alpha.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I manually changed the 4 buttons at the top and they look good.

I will start changing images to png's. I'm still unable to figure out how to change background on home page.

DaDuber

So I decided to try to finish this skin for the newest version(9).
I had it working before on an earlier version a few months back just needed a few changes. Now some of the buttons don't work (like the back after you click on album). So I downloaded eist1's 16X9 skins and they do the same thing.

Should I just start over? There are no skins that are 16x9 that currently work. I originally just used his skin and changed everything over. How can I get a template for 16X9?

Thanks.....

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on June 23, 2014, 02:51:36 PM
So I decided to try to finish this skin for the newest version(9).
I had it working before on an earlier version a few months back just needed a few changes. Now some of the buttons don't work (like the back after you click on album). So I downloaded eist1's 16X9 skins and they do the same thing.

Should I just start over? There are no skins that are 16x9 that currently work. I originally just used his skin and changed everything over. How can I get a template for 16X9?

Thanks.....

It's not easy for me to test those skins out but I am assuming something is over the top of the back button like the banner image most likely. Are you using the latest beta? If you hover the mouse over the button do you see a tooltip box pop up? If not something is sitting over the button which is why you can't click it.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Ye that was the problem, but there are a few other things not working right.
Anyone that knows about the skin tool wanna help me get this working? I can upload files and finish the graphics.

Here it is so far:
http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters_PNG_V9(1600x900).zip
Thanks...

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on June 26, 2014, 02:09:52 PM
Ye that was the problem, but there are a few other things not working right.
Anyone that knows about the skin tool wanna help me get this working? I can upload files and finish the graphics.

Here it is so far:
http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters_PNG_V9(1600x900).zip
Thanks...

I am taking a look now to see if I can get it working.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Thanks!

If you get it working I will finish the graphics and change to png's. Then re-upload it.  Also I was trying to get rid of bottom popup menu and just make the buttons there all the time.

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on June 27, 2014, 01:20:51 PM
Thanks!

If you get it working I will finish the graphics and change to png's. Then re-upload it.  Also I was trying to get rid of bottom popup menu and just make the buttons there all the time.

Didn't realise it was widescreen, will have to wait until monday when i can get hold of a widescreen monitor and take a look.

Jukebox Stats...