Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

DaDuber

Barry,
Did you get a chance to look at this? I really need a widescreen skin for latest version. Or if anyone else could help me get it working. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.....

Barcrest

Sorry I still have not had chance to get hold of a widescreen. I'm ill at the moment, hopefully monday all being well.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

tharrrison

hey guys new to this im trying to play around with the skins. there is only a couple of things i want to change on the basic skin. can anyone do it for me? and is there anywhere i can download other skins from?

jonfinpausa

Where is this skin project? Is someone still working on it? I really like and prefer the clean simple look without all the busy eye candy.

DaDuber

I'm still trying to get it working on the new version. any help would be appreciated
thanks.....

Risim

What version are you talking about?  If its v9 I just asked barry.  I think you will have to edit the v_2.ini so that all of the buttons are png instead of gif.  Lets wait and see whar Barry says first.

Risim

Ok I got my working.  Just load your skin to v9 save it ,then go to the skin folder find the files ending in  v2.ini.almost all of the files should have then.  Edit the v2.ini replace .gif for .png for every file.  Dont forget you have to have png version of your gif buttons.  Reload the skin you should see the seemless png button now.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on August 21, 2014, 02:43:54 AM
Ok I got my working.  Just load your skin to v9 save it ,then go to the skin folder find the files ending in  v2.ini.almost all of the files should have then.  Edit the v2.ini replace .gif for .png for every file.  Dont forget you have to have png version of your gif buttons.  Reload the skin you should see the seemless png button now.

This is correct.

Please note that the proper V9 skintool will not support loading of legacy skins so they will need to be created from the ground up. Loading of none V2 ini files will be dropped.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Are you talking about this skin? Do you have it working correctly? I have it partially working. some things don't work like audio video karaoke. If you have it working more than me can you upload it and i'll try to finish it

Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on August 21, 2014, 03:09:49 PM
Are you talking about this skin? Do you have it working correctly? I have it partially working. some things don't work like audio video karaoke. If you have it working more than me can you upload it and i'll try to finish it

Thanks

I am on about the changes i am making to the skintool sorry, seems like there are 2 conversations happening at the same time.

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Is there a semi working copy of this skin for version 9? If so could someone please post it so I can make an attempt to help develop the skin?
Thanks

Barcrest

Quote from: jonfinpausa on August 22, 2014, 08:29:06 AM
Is there a semi working copy of this skin for version 9? If so could someone please post it so I can make an attempt to help develop the skin?
Thanks

The link is in the post at the top of this page.

I don't have access to a widescreen monitor still, I just read back through this thred and forgot a lot of what went on. I am working 100% on the skintool now and once that is converted over to fully support PNG I think it will not take long to get this skin up to V9 spec. I have now completed the playlist save screen, it's taking me about a day per screen so far.

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Barry. That's my link (lol). I just though someone downloaded it and made it work fully or more

Thanks....

jonfinpausa

Thanks, I missed that link  :o
I also missed this was for a wide screen so I will have to redesign the entire thing as I don't have any wide touch screens either. :tommy