Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Quote from: DaDuber on August 22, 2014, 04:29:12 PM
Barry. That's my link (lol). I just though someone downloaded it and made it work fully or more

Thanks....

That is what he was after.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I was thinking about trying to get this to work again. When I load it up now its way off. I tried opening in in the latest skin tool and it doesn't let me open up any skins but the default or create a new skin. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it not working fully yet for version 9?

thanks....

Mark Norville

I had that problem but then I deleted the default skins and then tried the skin tool, this seemed to cure the problem and even with the skins back in the folder skin tool works how it should.

Try that first and if you get any problems after that I am here all night.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

That Didn't work for me. It just shows popup that says text1 and a button that says new skin and if I push it it does nothing

Mark Norville

I did have that issue myself is the skin tool giving you any skins to load now or is it blank? If it is blank box, then you need to click in the blank box at the top to create a new skin. I have done a video here somewhere I will try and find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbYy7Ehi5E hope this helps if you do have a blank box now.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Open up E-touch and update the skin list and save and exit, you should then see the skin in the list of skins in the skintool. You also need to run it as admin.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

I was able to make anew skin using mark's tutorial, but I can't get anything working the way I want. I will try a little more later but I may just quit on it. If anyone would like to help I have most of graphics made.
one problem I'm having:

it looks like this in skin tool:

but when I open juke it looks like this:

the top navigation doesn't show or any of albums

Mark Norville

Look in one of the skins you will have an image file called ImageNotFound.jpg either copy that from another skin or make your own, but if your skin is black, make the ImageNotFound a white square 300 x 300

The reason why I say this is obviously common sense black square on black background will not show.

This should cure your first problem.

Also on skintool file settings make sure that you have show 5 albums, 10 albums or how many you want and that you have a cover file.

If you get problems just let me know and I can make a video to sort out problems, the first video I done was just a quick one and not very detailed but give it a go and don't give up as you will learn tricks and tips on how to do things.

DaDuber

The file called ImageNotFound.jpg is already there.
the albums weren't showing cause the default screen was history I fixed that.
thanks for your help.. still no navigation though

Mark Norville

The best way of describing it is like html if you have ever done that before, you need frames, or a repeating pattern in textures.

The best advice I can give you currently is load slxx into the jukebox and save as default skin. Load skin tool and then look at the textures and then go through each page.

For navigation you can have it on main screen or album view, but you need to have it so for example your skin size is 800 x 600 you place the navigation at the top for example, but if you cover that page with a graphic where you cannot see the navigation bar you will not be able to use navigation.

So navigation 100 x 600 and then rest of the page 700 x 600. It really depends upon the design and also if you have it main or album view.

DaDuber

I have the navigation on top left but it doesn't show. it shows in skin tool but not in jukebox. also I can't figure out which background is used for the alum view? the one that says album view isn't it.

you can see the white space here:

any more help greatly appreciated.
thanks...

Mark Norville

Null is the main one really load your page into null and album view. Always make sure that you save the skin after you have made changes as well so that it will remember the placement. I am away from my monitor at the moment but I can still see the screen and can access skin tool as well if needed.

At this time of day the sunlight hits my windows so it is uncomfortable to sit there so have to switch to the TV.

DaDuber

Thanks for your help. Still no luck with the navigation at the top left. Just doesn't show up. I'm working on the track listing screen and I don't see where or how I can get it to show tracks of each album. it just shows nothing.

thanks....

Mark Norville

I will sort out a video if need be, but try and remember that each page is like a piece of paper.

If you have an A4 piece of paper and then you draw your menu on that paper, and then you take another A4 piece of paper and you draw another picture on that, and then you put that paper above your menu it will not show as you have another picture in front of it.

I can do a video if need be to show you, but if you have your navigation on the main screen at top left you need to account for small pages so that the navigation is always on top

NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN NAVIGATION SCREEN (Bar at the top 100 in height)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE NEW PAGE (Your main page 700 in height)

Hope this makes some sense.

TRACK LISTING
-----------------

Make sure that you have number of tracks shown on files/controls settings go to TOOLS > Track Listing Screen

It will show boxes and also text if you have put a background which is black in your textures, the font is default of black, so black and black you cannot see anything. So have a white background or an opposite colour to what you are doing or maybe just a light pastel colour that will show black and then what ever colour you change your font colour too.

Once you have made your main changes such as font size and colour, then import your design into the textures and then you can move them into place.

Regards

Mark

DaDuber

It shows up in the skin tool the way I want but doesn't in the jukebox. Maybe its something that needs to be enabled? I can give you the files if you think its something simple I.m doing wrong

http://daduber.com/jb/Black-n-Yellow%2016x9.zip

also the listing of tracks.  thanks...
if I ever get it working right will definitely  post final version for people to download.