Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

I was able to fix what I needed to by changing values in the ini files. but just so you know it doesn't show in skin tool.

thanks

DaDuber

Almost done the skin.

Have a problem I assume its something wrong in the .cov file.

I have a random album cover showing up in the middle of the page behind the other covers:

and

here is my latest version if anyone wants it or wants to try it out and tell me any problems I missed.

http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters-16x9.zip

Mark Norville

Yeah it is a skinning problem, and a BUG I think that it is the featured album but when you skin there is no icon there so you cannot move it.

Congrats on almost completing you seem to have got to grips with things which is the main thing really. It just takes a slight learning curve to understand things, but when it does click into place it does get simpler unless there are bugs there.

I honestly found it easier to create a skin rather than trying to edit one and adjust that.

I am still taking time off from skinning and tagging pretty much as I get bored of things. My skin is about 70% complete but I still want to make a few changes in design which takes more of the time. I started off designing one skin, and because of bugs, I ended up starting another skin and I am working on two versions of that with how I want things.

I am going to say one thing though and you can either tell me to shut up, or take it on board, the name of your skin.

I personally hate it as all the other skins are called black n blue, black n red, black n pinky purple blobs with a hint of yellow and it is FOOKING BORING.

Black and Yellow to me reminds me of a bumble bee, buzz, a pot of jam, honey, jasper, a hornet, you have taken this time to create a skin so why give it a shit name?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

Hopefully Someone will know how to fix this.
I named it black n yellow 16x9 so everyone would know what it was also I thought that's what we were supposed to do.
All you have to do is change the folder name and it can be any name you want.
I really don't care what the name is as long as it works. lol

Mark Norville

Only person who can fix it will be Barry the problem is he doesn't create skins so he doesn't notice what happens in the skin tool.

The name is up to you really so you can call it MY SKIN but then you are asked to include screen resolution (1600 x 900) for example so people know if they was too download.

I started off with 1600 x 900 due to my monitor but when I brought the cabinet it is more 1280 so if you are sharing to download then screen size will obviously be dependant for some people.

I will download and have a try.

Mark Norville

Your play 4 free credits button takes you to admin screen.

I am not sure if it is my end or your end, but I clicked on H and I had Guns n Roses come up but then for some reason I was having a 2 unlimited cover rather than gnr so it might be my end but I cant see that, so something seems a bit off with that.

DaDuber

Ye the play 4 free button does the same thing on my end.
I noticed on the skin sxxlxxs that I changed to match mine its doesn't show its off the window
Wheres it supposed to go?

I will try the letters later. I have to put the skin on my actual jukebox cause on this one I only have a few artists to test

Mark Norville

The actual play for free credits is supposed to be hidden and then only appear at a time set in your admin section. I honestly cannot tell you what it goes because for me that doesn't really interest me but then a lot of the features are not what I want either. E.G I don't want to burn to CD, download album etc etc I can see the attraction though of having burn to cd if it works so you can do a play list and think that might be good in the car but then I don't drive and I don't have a cd burner in the jukebox so really a useless function for me and I would say most people, especially a commercial user.

I am trying to get Barry to slow down on some features and creating apps when software is already out there to do the job better and faster. He hates me but NON MP3 TAGGER IS STILL SHIT!!!

The more you try to put in especially with a virtual basic programming system, the more it will just end up being an unusable crawl, there is only so much a program can do before being distorted for example you want this to be jukebox software, rather than an all singing all dancing multi media system which there are better and faster and free programs that can do that already.

Really unless the big boys at NSM jukebox or someone else comes out with a major new feature, then a jukebox is a jukebox.

DaDuber

The letters all work fine for me.
I removed the button to play 4 free. I don't use that either.
I still would like to align a few things a little better.

My main concern is the extra album that pops up sometimes. I think its just something I need to take out of the .cov file but I;m not sure

thanks for all your help!

Mark Norville

Barry will probably be working on an update to try and sort that out, I know he said that he is working on an update so he is possibly doing some WORK (sorry for swearing).

I have had the same problems that you have had, but then skins have been released but they do not have the same problems as we are experiencing, I am not sure if Barry is keeping the working version for himself, and giving us the buggy version or what? ;)

I know that when I first trying to skin I had to stop a couple of times due to the bugs and then re do the skin again which does get annoying.

The best advice I can possibly share with you, is to hard code where the images should be using photoshop for example and then copy and then move the buttons into that location and that should make buttons a bit more near the mark. Sadly that is the long way to go around it but easier way of matching up the buttons.

The other skinners are very quiet such as Coffee and the others that have created skins before, it would have been nice for them to have been hear giving advice and help but once you get the basics down it isn't too bad or hard really.

I am in no rush at the moment to finish my skin I still have a few pages to go and then possibly look at redoing a couple of things but the beer has been flowing steady and tagging, skinning gone out of the window, I cannot even be bothered to play a game at the moment I keep thinking have a break and do something different, but when I start I get bored and just switch off.

Before I was staying awake all night trying to finish a skin off, a week or two when I run out of booze I might get with it again.

Is your skin just for a monitor or have you got a cabinet as well?

Barcrest

BUG: Some tracks didn't show on load (FIXED)
BUG: Some skins didn't show up to be selected when loading (FIXED)

Error Trapped Skintool

Any other bugs?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Yeah featured album not being moveable or hideable and showing on some screens, Dauber has posted some screens of that happening.

The labels missing from track listing when you click on more by artist, genre, years

They are two that I remember off the top of my head but until I get back on the system again and find them I cannot think of anything too much at the moment.

Regards

Mark

jukejohn

well done looks cool will try it out later

DaDuber