Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaDuber

I made a couple changes.
I manually went into the cov file and changed all covers to align perfect.
I removed the play 4 free button.
made a couple adjustments to some other things also.

still have the random album in middle. didn't see where it could be in cover file.

here is the latest:
http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters-16x9.zip

Mark Norville

Shall have a look tomorrow or soon anyway weekend has started and beers have been flowing. What did you do to the ini file to make the missing labels show up then?

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

They still don't show in the skin tool. but I figured out where in the ini file their position was and just changed the numbers.

Mark Norville

Ask a stupid question and get a stupid answer lol

What numbers did you change can you go into any more detail apart from changing numbers in an ini file.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

Mark Norville

Sod that for a game of soldiers, Barry can do some bug fixing. I wouldn't have the patience to go through ini files and then understand what they was. I did look at the ini files a long time ago but too me it is all a load of numbers and junk, too go through 700 lines of nonsense and actually find what you want I am impressed.

Barcrest

I am hoping to get an update out for the skintool later.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

My main bug is the extra album showing in the middle of the album view. I tried figuring it out but I couldn't.

1 small other thing is how can I adjust the song facts?

Here are screen shots of the skin. when its done I can give you final version and we can post it in skin releases.

Barcrest

BUG: Quickjump artist labels didn't show (FIXED)

Error Trapped Skintool

This fixes the labels not showing on the tracklisting screen, You have the check box in use featured artist, take that out and resave the cov to remove that extra album. You also have a couple of pages set to be PNG not JPG. The pin back is one and i think the other is the player back.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

Thanks..
That worked for the album cover showing.

I re uploaded the latest one:

http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters-16x9.zip

Mark Norville

I'm back after the mother of all hang overs, couldn't even sit at a monitor. Skin looks great anyway not as good as mine but passable ;) I'll give it a test some point today.

Great update Barry works for me as well I only tested it quickly on track listings, so no bug hunting from me as yet.

Shower time and then into town for me soon but I might start playing later on today at some point, I need to get back into the land of the living again.

DaDuber

when I choose a letter in album view I notice the background is the player control background. Is there any way to switch this?

Mark Norville

I personally do not think that there is but I might be wrong, Barry will be able to answer that more than I can. I think with all skins I have tried they come up with one image, when I tried to put yours together quickly it was black.

I just had a quick try of the latest version, and if you want my view where you have the albums and the more icons, I personally would say that they are too high up the page but then I am using a different resolution screen, but they do not look central between the top and the bottom of the screen.

It might just be my screen resolution, I am testing on my TV rather than a monitor, so on yours it might look ok.

Your best bet would be to check another skin and see if it has the same problem as you are asking, if it does then it probably answers your question.

DaDuber

using the same ini files I overwrote some of the images to create a Halloween skin. Any changes I need to make will work with both skin.
I'm almost done it. if anyone wants it I can upload it just lmk.

Here's some pics:

Mark Norville

Nice one, saves me finishing off my Halloween skin anyway lol saying that still got 10 days left and not had a drink since yesterday so am a bit more focused. Good to see how far you have become since the start.