Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Designing A New Skin

Started by DaDuber, October 24, 2013, 03:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

How is that button size on your touchscreen? I like the layout but i would personally enlarge some of the buttons to use the extra space. If you let me have it i will upload it for you.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

What button are you referring to? I am using a 24 inch monitor @ 1600X900 resolution. I like the size on my screen maybe its different for you.

here's my latest ones:
http://daduber.com/jb/Black_and_Yellow_Letters-16x9.zip

http://daduber.com/jb/Halloween-16x9.zip

Mark Norville

One thing that I will say regarding your admin page it might be me, but personally I think that you need to make the save button stand out a bit more than it is at the moment. It is designed the same as the other buttons and it took me a while to find out where the save button was.

Personally I think that the save button is as important as the power button, as obviously you want to make a change and then suddenly see the save button and think shit I need to save it, I think if you was in a rush to make a change and then go, you might not save it.

This is of course my view and up to you if you decide to take that on board or not.

If not, shutting my mouth now lol

Regards

Mark save (SAVE)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

DaDuber

Ok. I re uploaded them and I changed the save settings button to green so it stands out.
I can could make it bigger and/or move it or change it to something else.
Let me know if you think I should.

Thanks...

Mark Norville

I personally would make it the same size as the power button and move it somewhere as prominent as the power button or maybe side by side as it. I would also do another colour rather than black for the font. I will also say this and again you do not have to take this on board but you do not have to be a sheep and follow the flock.

I say this because I feel that in admin section you really need to have every button the same as other skins, E.G do you really need to have a button called animation settings, general settings, LED Settings, SETTINGS SETTINGS SETTINGS SETTINGS

I have simply called my buttons, General, Appearance, LED, Currency, and left out the word settings as I personally do not think that it is needed.

Again this is my own view but if I see one more admin screen and it has a SETTINGS button I am going to flocking scream lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I think it's nice to have another skin in a different resolution, thanks for this. I will grab them both later.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

DaDuber

QuoteI think it's nice to have another skin in a different resolution, thanks for this. I will grab them both later.

no problem.
Let me know if you or anyone finds anything wrong or needs something changed. I don't use every feature of the software so could be something not right with a section.

thanks..

Mark Norville

Just giving it a try now and guess what. I instantly noticed the save button in admin.

I will take some screen grabs later but one of the pages I noticed that the page was not high enough and there looks to be typing underneath.

I also noticed that you are missing one button on your admin page, there should be a button that takes you back to the jukebox but as your buttons are visible even on admin screen that is not really a problem.

On the album view your more buttons still do not look level they look a bit high in relation to the position for the albums.

DaDuber

I lowered the arrows on album page.
I tried to align all pages to same top. (Hard to get exactly right without going into ini files)
I added some more Halloween backs to other pages. Still need to change a few more buttons n pages.

I don't know how to put a button onto the admin page that isn't there.

I re uploaded them to same spot. same links