Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Visualization Bug

Started by urbecrisch, November 20, 2013, 03:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

Been using v8.0.17 and noticed the visualization bar on the NOW PLAYING SCREEN will come back after awhile even though the box for hiding visualization is checked.  Is there a way to get rid of the visualization image in the Etouch folder somewhere?  I prefer not to have it.  In my opinion it is ugly (sorry).

Barcrest

Not sure what you are refering to, can you post a screen shot?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: urbecrisch on November 20, 2013, 03:02:20 AM
Been using v8.0.17 and noticed the visualization bar on the NOW PLAYING SCREEN will come back after awhile even though the box for hiding visualization is checked.  Is there a way to get rid of the visualization image in the Etouch folder somewhere?  I prefer not to have it.  In my opinion it is ugly (sorry).
Open WMP and choose no visualization in WMP.  You must do this with etouch closed.  That should do it.

Barcrest

I keep meaning to put geforce on the machine in the bar.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Quote from: Barcrest on November 20, 2013, 12:54:20 PM
Make sure you have a powerful machine, it doesn't half slow down paging and attract mode, especially during track changes as it loads fresh maps.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on November 20, 2013, 01:09:49 PM
Make sure you have a powerful machine, it doesn't half slow down paging and attract mode, especially during track changes as it loads fresh maps.

Hmmm, might not bother then... It used to work ok on my P4 machine in my jukebox, i suppose i could put it on for a test and if there is an issue just switch back to the WMP one.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Quote from: Barcrest on November 20, 2013, 03:14:23 PM
Quote from: Gaucho on November 20, 2013, 01:09:49 PM

Hmmm, might not bother then... It used to work ok on my P4 machine in my jukebox, i suppose i could put it on for a test and if there is an issue just switch back to the WMP one.
Might be O.K. if you have a seperate graphics card but it can be quite CPU hungry, even on my desktop which is a quad 4 with 8GB of DDR.

Haven't looked lately but there use to be ways of modding it to reduce demand.

Support is a bit crap, they still haven't got back to me re a commercial license and it's been three months.

Risim

I was thinking about using it but not anymore. Thanks for the insight Gaucho.

Barcrest

Well that convinced me not to bother, I am trying to shift to a more Video focused setup anyway.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Not sure it's great value, and not sure how they would police the license.

US$150 per year for a small pub, but been waiting since April for the paypal invoice :(

I'm going to install an SSD shortly as most of the issues may be disk access speeds, we shall see.

Barcrest

What i liked about it were the album cover and some tag info showing... Most punters play videos as it is hooked up to the TV's and the VIS doesn't show often, but there are far more audio tracks than videos so I figured it would just make those a little more appealing but I think I'll give it a miss.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

O.K. I humbly retract everything.

As long as you don't want the nice swipe graphics in etouch and not to bothered about the occasional 0.5 sec glitch when running flash files on attract the latest G-Force looks the dogs doo-daahs on a second screen. Punters are mesmerised.

Got Win 7 running really basic with no Aero etc and all drivers up to date on what is a really basic system, so basic it has passive cooling only with no fans  :beer