Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Key responds

Started by coffee, March 01, 2007, 12:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Barry

I run into a big problem. PLEASE HELP.
I use the "A: and "S" keys for cion1 and cion2 on the jukebox. Now I have seen that my jukebox doesn't always respond to those keys the first time you press them. This means that my Jukebox will some times not give credits if a cion is inserted and causing a paying customer to be upset.
I though it may be a problem with Widows so I maid sure that the screen saver is off and that presentation is selected in the power options menu. I also played around with the mouse and keyboard setting but it's still the same. I also tried it on my daulcore computer and it does the same there.
It doesn't always do it. This problem is random as a customer would use it and it happens maybe ones every 5 times when a cion is inserted. It did it twice now just after I have selected a track. As soon as it got back on the Album view menu I've hit the cion1 button but nothing happened.

I still don't have a clue were the problem may be but can somebody help or give any advise PLEASE.

Thanks
Coffee

Barcrest

Can other people check this out for me by enabling credit mode and keypresses and then use the A and S key to see if it adds credits each time you press. I have just tested on a laptop here at work and it seems to work every time, so if you can test it for 5 minutes and feed back that would be great.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

I've done some more searching to find out when it does it. Well this is what I have done.

I selected 20 tracks to play. Then I used the "M" key to cancel the track that was playing. Within a second or two after I have hit the "M" button I hit the coin1 button 2 or 3 times and it does not respond.
If somebody can test it like that and let us know what happens, it will be appreciated.

The other thing I noticed is that when a track is playing the time bar in the upper right corner sometimes skips a second without anybody using the jukebox. This happens randomly between 5 and 20 seconds apart. Now I may be wrong but I think that the same thing that causes it to skip a second is causing this random key problem. It may be that when that happens and you press a key that key does not respond.
Again I may be wrong but I think freebox or Windows or another app. may be prosessing something at that time this happens and causes freebox to mis a key input.

As I said, if somebody can test it so that I can see if the problem is on my side it will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Coffee

coffee

I noticed something els. On my older computer I have ver 2.1.1.8. installed. The random key missing is much better there but it also have a 2 to 3 seconds when a another track starts where freebox doen't respond to a key input. The track time is also much more stable. So I think that 2.1.1.8 is much more stable than 2.1.1.6 if you also take in account that my old computer is much slower than the others. I also tried 2.1.1.6 on a forth computer but there is no differents.

coffee

Another thing. It seems to be fine when an audio track is playing. It seems that it is only when a video track is playing. I have disabled the video so that there is only sound playing on the videos but it's still the same. Now I'm wondering if is not the size of the .mpg files that causes the problem.