Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Missing Letters on top of SxxLxxS skin

Started by urbecrisch, January 20, 2014, 02:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbecrisch

I installed etouch on a spare pc I have and when I use SxxLxxS skin v8.5 I noticed I am missing the letters on top of the screen for quick searching.  I have it working fine on my laptop.  Can this be fixed? Not sure what to do.

Cary_B

I had the same problem with the Black and Blue widescreen on a new install.  I accidently fixed it by fooling around with the skintool.  I changed the jump top letter setting to a different setting, saved the skin, exited the skintool, and restarted the jukebox.  Then exited the jukebox, started the skintool, changed the jump to letter setting back to its original setting, and saved the skin again.  Exited the skintool, started the jukebox and the letters where now showing.  Not sure why it worked, or if all the steps where necessary, but give it a try.  I'm guessing something is missing in an .ini file or something in the registry on a new install that gets set when you change the setting.

Barcrest

Some graphics card cause odd behaviour with that old control and buttons dissappear when you move the mouse over them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

It's not like the letters disappear when the mouse scrolls over them.  The alphabet simply is not there. There is absolutely no image.  I have had other versions of Etouch on the same pc so I am puzzled why this would happen.  Any other suggestions on how to get it back?

In regards to CaryB suggestion, where in the skintool can I edit the letters?

Barcrest

I think you have a bug where it's not loading that ini file for some reason, I will have it fixed in the next beta if I can find the bug.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

urbecrisch

Quote from: Barcrest on January 20, 2014, 05:03:50 PM
I will have it fixed in the next beta if I can find the bug.

Barry, any luck with this.  I do not know how to edit the letters in the skintool :(
FIXED!

urbecrisch

Quote from: Cary_B on January 20, 2014, 02:52:20 AM
I had the same problem with the Black and Blue widescreen on a new install.  I accidently fixed it by fooling around with the skintool.  I changed the jump top letter setting to a different setting, saved the skin, exited the skintool, and restarted the jukebox.  Then exited the jukebox, started the skintool, changed the jump to letter setting back to its original setting, and saved the skin again.  Exited the skintool, started the jukebox and the letters where now showing.  Not sure why it worked, or if all the steps where necessary, but give it a try.  I'm guessing something is missing in an .ini file or something in the registry on a new install that gets set when you change the setting.

BRILLIANT!  Gave it a go and it worked!  I owe you one brother!

Cary_B

Glad it worked for you. Must just be something not saved in the .ini file properly.