Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Build 8.17 Skin issues

Started by johnpurs, February 28, 2014, 10:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpurs

My old touchscreen died so I am doing a new build on a 23" aio Dell.  I was looking at different skins and haven't found any for 1920 * 1080. Which is not really my problem since I dropped down to 1024 * 768. SxxLxxS_gif_V8.5.0_(1024x768) works great but I tried a few older ones and ran into a problem where it now loads a white screen with some buttons and I can't get the config to show up and see the whole options screen to reset the skin to SxxLxxS_gif_V8.5.0_(1024x768).

I reset the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and then ran e-touch.  It let me change back to SxxLxxS_gif_V8.5.0_(1024x768) but it still looks the same when I change resolution to 1024 x 768.

Found this in the error log after last start of E-Touch:

#2014-02-28 22:31:59#,"383","'Text' property is read-only","Module1","open_ini3","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:31:59#,"76","Path not found","Module1","open_ini3","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:31:59#,"380","Invalid property value","Module1","coverfiles_load","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:31:59#,"380","Invalid property value","Module1","coverfiles_load","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:32:00#,"383","'Text' property is read-only","Form1","Form_Load","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:32:00#,"76","Path not found","Module1","open_skin","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
#2014-02-28 22:32:00#,"11","Division by zero","Form1","Form_Load","E-Touch v8.0.17","john","jukebox"
Is there a way to restore my settings to default.

Thanks for any help and thanks also to Barry and the skin developers  :beer

John

Barcrest

The settings are stored in the registry under E-Touch, you can edit them there or just erase the whole E-Touch section and you will be back to the defaults.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

OK I found the registry settings and wiped them entirely.  Went back in and set up the skin set it to full screen saved the settings and when I restarted e-touch it went back to the white screen all my settings are there including skin.  But I get a basic white skin showing up.

This computer is running Windows 8.1  >:(

johnpurs

I also noticed when I load E-Touch it does not show the loading skin page.  The settings are saved.  I made sure that my user account had full control over all files and folders in the E-Touch directory under program files(x86).  This really is wierd.

Thanks for listening.

John

Barcrest

You need to install e-touch outside of the program files folder and you need to right click and set the exe properties of each of the EXE files to run as administrator.

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

MS seems to really be simplifying things, huh.

:beer

Thanks Barry

Barcrest

Hope that sorts it out for you.  :beer

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

Barry, it worked great... then I rebooted and it went back to same behavior. This time installed in c:\E-Touch Jukebox 8 set all exe's to run as admin for all users.  Set my user account and users group to full control over all files and folders under that directory.

Made sure users and administrators had full control over the etouch registry keys.... wtf

Thanks for your patience.  :tommy

Barcrest

So are you still having issues?

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

Yes the same issues.  Skin won't load when e-touch does. Installed in a new folder in the root.  Gave full permissions etc.

Thanks.

John

johnpurs

Is anyone running E-Touch on Windows 8 / 8.1 ???

I previously only used XP for E-Touch and it was fine but a hardware update forced me to Windows 8.

Thanks,

John

Barcrest

I use windows 7 and it works fine on there, I am pretty sure others have used windows 8/8.1 without issues. Are there any updated graphics and sound drivers for your pc?

Jukebox Stats...

johnpurs

I will check but I doubt it will fix a problem with a skin loading. I can load it manually but it doesn't load or show the loading skin screen when I start e-touch.

I am gonna see if Dell has any Windows 7 drivers and if they do I will "upgrade" to Windows 7.

This Windows 8 stuff really is horrible.

John

johnpurs

I solved my issues by disabling UAC Entirely.

Barcrest

Quote from: johnpurs on March 27, 2014, 02:17:35 PM
I solved my issues by disabling UAC Entirely.

Yeah it doesn't like letting apps edit anything however running as admin should have resolved that for you.

Jukebox Stats...